Windows 10: Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

Discus and support Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to help out a friend fix her gamepad. She's had bad luck with her past 2 new Xbox 360 controllers, both are drifting to the left. Not just an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by adamthemute, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

Trying to help out a friend fix her gamepad. She's had bad luck with her past 2 new Xbox 360 controllers, both are drifting to the left. Not just an annoying slight-aiming movement, you actually slowly move to the left. I suppose it's possible to have to defective ones in a row, but unlikely.

The main problem is I cannot calibrate with the Windows Game Controllers window (joy.cpl). It takes a long time to even load up, and when it does, it almost instantly freezes and says "not responding". It may unfreeze in a minute or so, but after a couple clicks to try to calibrate, it just freezes and crashes. We have gotten through the calibration before, but only on a fresh restart, and you gotta do it fast or it freezes. It also freezes and become non-responsive in the controller configuration through Steam, which I'd like to work because you can actually adjust deadzones on the joystick (Windows should update this on theirs!).

Can any software or hardware affect the joystick, besides some sort of gamepad configuration program? Having 2 non-usable new gamepads in a row seems just weird.

:)

adamthemute, Apr 15, 2019

2. Does anyone know how to enable a Thrustmaster Joystick/Throttle Controller to free-trial flight simulators ???

Hi William,

Having a compatibility issue is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to use a Thrustmaster Joystick on your Windows 10 device. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using your Thrustmaster Joystick on a different computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you visit the link below and run the "Find and fix problems with devices and hardware".

How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 15, 2019
  3. drifting / uncontrollable cursor

Hi,

Regarding your issue with your mouse cursor, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Ratandeep on this thread:

Mouse drifting and not working properly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

joystick

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the joystick?

You can try few troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Update and Security.
    3. Select Troubleshoot option.
    4. Now click on Hardware and Devices and
      Run the troubleshooter.

You can also refer the following article to
    troubleshoot game controllers in Microsoft games

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

1. Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift. - Similar Threads - Controller configuration window

2. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right...
  3. Controller left joystick flickering on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller left joystick flickering on Windows 10: Hello, I'm currently having a problem with an xinput controller left joystick always flickering when i aimed it towards 11 o'clock direction. Here's a video i recorded to give you a better explanation: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zUtW65HFNa99uW1e7I have tried resetting the...
  4. Controller left joystick flickering on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller left joystick flickering on Windows 10: Hello, I'm currently having a problem with an xinput controller left joystick always flickering when i aimed it towards 11 o'clock direction. Here's a video i recorded to give you a better explanation: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zUtW65HFNa99uW1e7I have tried resetting the...
  5. Controller left joystick flickering on Windows 10

6. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  7. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  8. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

9. Joystick Control panel properties missing "Settings" tab for Joystick Calibration.

Joystick Control panel properties missing "Settings" tab for Joystick Calibration.: Good day, I need to calibrate my joystick and the tab that previously allowed me to do so was either hidden or the calibration was moved elsewhere. Can I get an updated calibration procedure? [ATTACH]...
  10. Controller drift when controller works fine on console

Controller drift when controller works fine on console: Every time I try to use a controller on Windows 10, it displays a large amount of drifting despite it not showing this problem on its intended console. Tried both Dualshock 4 and Switch pro controller and both had the issue despite both being new. Calibration doesn't work...