Windows 10: Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

Discus and support Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to help out a friend fix her gamepad. She's had bad luck with her past 2 new Xbox 360 controllers, both are drifting to the left. Not just an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by adamthemute, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

Trying to help out a friend fix her gamepad. She's had bad luck with her past 2 new Xbox 360 controllers, both are drifting to the left. Not just an annoying slight-aiming movement, you actually slowly move to the left. I suppose it's possible to have to defective ones in a row, but unlikely.

The main problem is I cannot calibrate with the Windows Game Controllers window (joy.cpl). It takes a long time to even load up, and when it does, it almost instantly freezes and says "not responding". It may unfreeze in a minute or so, but after a couple clicks to try to calibrate, it just freezes and crashes. We have gotten through the calibration before, but only on a fresh restart, and you gotta do it fast or it freezes. It also freezes and become non-responsive in the controller configuration through Steam, which I'd like to work because you can actually adjust deadzones on the joystick (Windows should update this on theirs!).

Can any software or hardware affect the joystick, besides some sort of gamepad configuration program? Having 2 non-usable new gamepads in a row seems just weird.

:)

adamthemute, Apr 15, 2019

2. Does anyone know how to enable a Thrustmaster Joystick/Throttle Controller to free-trial flight simulators ???

Hi William,

Having a compatibility issue is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to use a Thrustmaster Joystick on your Windows 10 device. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using your Thrustmaster Joystick on a different computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you visit the link below and run the "Find and fix problems with devices and hardware".

How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 15, 2019
  3. drifting / uncontrollable cursor

Hi,

Regarding your issue with your mouse cursor, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Ratandeep on this thread:

Mouse drifting and not working properly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

joystick

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the joystick?

You can try few troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Update and Security.
    3. Select Troubleshoot option.
    4. Now click on Hardware and Devices and
      Run the troubleshooter.

You can also refer the following article to
    troubleshoot game controllers in Microsoft games

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift.

1. Controller configuration window freezing, unable to fix joystick drift. - Similar Threads - Controller configuration window

2. Unable to configure Calander app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to configure Calander app: Hi I am unable to configure Calendar app with the details provided by the service provider. I have however, not faced any issues while configuring the Mail app with the same details. Each time I am trying to configure Calendar app an Error message pops up, which says...
  3. joystick problem in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joystick problem in windows 10 ?: ı have used logitech extreme 3D PRO for 2 years in x-plane 11 flight simulator game succesfully.But until 2 weeks ago. Nowadays x-plane 11 can't see my joysticks. May be windows 10 does not recognise my joysticks any more ?. İs that true ?. What can ı do in order to...
  4. JOYSTICK GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JOYSTICK GAMING: The system detects the joystick and is also usable for playing the games which are installed from the CD. The problem is that the joystick cannot be used for playing games which are downloaded from the windows store (such as forza , shadow fight, asphalt 8 etc,.). Is there...
  5. Volume Control Fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Control Fix?: A previous question had been posted regarding the volume control icon on the taskbar not working. The applicable part of the reply was this: "If you are facing this issue with Volume Control using the speaker icon in the taskbar, try Uninstall and re-install sound card...
  6. how to fix error 1721 when install drift sight cad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to fix error 1721 when install drift sight cad: how to fix error 1721 when install drift sight cad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/window-10/5dd8a0dc-9ca9-408c-9861-a555adec93e7
  7. Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall: Hi all. I'm not completely inexperienced with regards to Windows but in this case I am utterly stumped. Following the installation of the latest big Windows Update ( now 1803: 17134.167) like a fool I removed the old backup because it was 30Gb Unfortunately, that was...
  8. Cursor Drift

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Drift: Does anyone else have excessive cursor drift after installing W10? I am using a laptop with a touchpad, but I find the cursor always wants to drift upwards. Have tried many online so called "Cures" but so far nothing has worked. It's at it's worst when I am playing...
  9. Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuring update for Windows 10 freezes at 100%: I have an ASUS Desktop with a Core i7 3770, 16GB Ram, an Nvidia GTX 970, and a 250 GB Intel SSD and a 2 TB HDD. Windows 8.1 is loaded on the SSD. I am trying to update to Windows 10 with the free upgrade icon in the bottom left corner since it say my update is ready. I goes...
  10. Drifting cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Drifting cursor: Could anybody help with a drifting cursor problem that is making working on my Sony Vaio laptop very frustrating and time consuming; the cursor has a mind of his own, it tends to move in any direction at random and if I am in Explorer, at times, it transfers files from one...