Windows 10: Controller input delay

Discus and support Controller input delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; iv been having ton of controller while playing games and i just want to know how to fix it. please help:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillyLit, Oct 28, 2020.

1. BillyLit Win User

Controller input delay

iv been having ton of controller while playing games and i just want to know how to fix it. please help:

:)

BillyLit, Oct 28, 2020

2. Keyboard input delay

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these methods:

Method 1

Try to run the fixit provided in the following link and check if it helps.

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402843...

Method 2

Disable and re-enable the USB controller and check if that does the trick.

Let’s use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type device manager in the Start search box and hit Enter.

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

3. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

4. Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

5. Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

6. Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Source:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Oct 28, 2020
  3. English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Ender Win User

Controller input delay

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Controller input delay

1. Controller input delay - Similar Threads - Controller input delay

2. Input delay problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  3. Input delay problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  4. Input delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input delay: Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I can use my keyboard on the lock screen, this is because its still reconising all my drivers. If I enable fast start the...
  5. Input delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input delay: Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I can use my keyboard on the lock screen, this is because its still reconising all my drivers. If I enable fast start the...
  6. Wireless controller input delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless controller input delay: So I was Connected my wireless xbox controller to my Pc and it has really bad input lag, like 4 seconds input lag. I used a bluetooth booster usb thing. but nothing worked. I need some help...
  7. Input delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input delay: Hi Im sorry i didnt find the minecraft section anyway i have been getting terrible input delay in minecraft windows 10 after the new update anyway i could fix this its ruining the game for me...
  8. Xbox Controller input delay problem

Xbox Controller input delay problem: Ever since mid to later October the reaction time of my controller on the right joy stick particularly has seemed slower compared to normal.This came out of no where and I am unsure how to fix it. I have tried almost every solution I could think of, and yet nothing has worked...
  9. Xbox One controller input delay and bluetooth disconnect (on PC)

Xbox One controller input delay and bluetooth disconnect (on PC): So, I have a very unusual problem. Every game I play, the controls will start out great, then I'll have massive lag (for 2-3 minutes) followed by Bluetooth disconnect. Not a lag in gameplay or drop in FPS. Just a massive delay in controller commands. When the Bluetooth...
  10. Keyboard input delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard input delay: Hi, I am having a problem where when I move, in for example a video game or type on apps like Discord etc. My keyboard seems to register the keys I click 2 seconds or more after I press them. Sometimes I am not even holding any keys down, and my video game character seems...