Windows 10: controller is fine but software is broke?

Discus and support controller is fine but software is broke? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi My controller's right analog stick seems to be fine however when I a playing any game it makes me look down as if I am pushing it forwards and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamFalkner, Feb 21, 2020.

1. controller is fine but software is broke?

Hi

My controller's right analog stick seems to be fine however when I a playing any game it makes me look down as if I am pushing it forwards and i dont know what to do, any suggestions? thanks

:)

AdamFalkner, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 21, 2020
  3. GRiD Controller Issues

I broke down and bought a 360 controller and it works very well with Grid. I suggest that controller.

johnnyfiive, Feb 21, 2020
  4. controller is fine but software is broke?

Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

controller is fine but software is broke?

1. controller is fine but software is broke? - Similar Threads - controller fine software

2. Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller: I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and now I have a problem playing a game using a controller. The game runs perfectly when the controller is not connected, but if I launch the game with the controller, it starts stuttering; however, FPS is not dropping I...
  3. Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game stutters while using controller, fine without controller: I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and now I have a problem playing a game using a controller. The game runs perfectly when the controller is not connected, but if I launch the game with the controller, it starts stuttering; however, FPS is not dropping I...
  4. My laptop's software broke

My laptop's software broke: A couple of months ago I accidentally left my laptop on for a week running Team Fortress 2 while on a camping trip. When I got home, the computer was working a bit slower than usual for a little bit, but warmed up and worked fine. I shut the computer down for the night and...
  5. My laptop's software broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's software broke: A couple of months ago I accidentally left my laptop on for a week running Team Fortress 2 while on a camping trip. When I got home, the computer was working a bit slower than usual for a little bit, but warmed up and worked fine. I shut the computer down for the night and...
  6. My laptop's software broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software controling hardware?!?!?!: Since when can an operating system for me Win10 scan and repair my hard drive after a simple restart? A piece of software should never be able to make changes to a piece of hardware without the end users explicit consent. Can someone? Can we clarify that please?...
  8. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

Software controling hardware?!?!?!: Since when can an operating system for me Win10 scan and repair my hard drive after a simple restart? A piece of software should never be able to make changes to a piece of hardware without the end users explicit consent. Can someone? Can we clarify that please?...
  9. Software controling hardware?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Controller drift when controller works fine on console

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller drift when controller works fine on console: Every time I try to use a controller on Windows 10, it displays a large amount of drifting despite it not showing this problem on its intended console. Tried both Dualshock 4 and Switch pro controller and both had the issue despite both being new. Calibration doesn't work...