Windows 10: Controller recognized but cannot input

Discus and support Controller recognized but cannot input in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10, SCUF Vantage 2 controller, PS4 controllerWindows is detecting my controller and will allow me to use it but after a few seconds it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xLegitUnicorn, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Controller recognized but cannot input

Windows 10, SCUF Vantage 2 controller, PS4 controllerWindows is detecting my controller and will allow me to use it but after a few seconds it will stop working, I've tried all USB ports on my PC, tried 2 different cables, and it works perfectly fine on my PS4 using the same cables. If I'm holding a button or pushing the stick in any direction it will continue to use that input even though I can't do anything else, so if I'm pushing the stick to the side my characters in a game would spin or just walk in that direction until I've unplugged and plugged the controller back in.The issue suddenly

:)

xLegitUnicorn, Jun 30, 2022

2. My Xbox360 controller is not recognized

Hi Matthew,

As the Xbox 360 controller is not getting recognized in the Windows 10 computer, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2: Follow the troubleshooting steps in the link provided below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows

Xbox Support

For your reference:

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2022
  3. English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Controller recognized but cannot input

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Controller recognized but cannot input

1. Controller recognized but cannot input - Similar Threads - Controller recognized cannot

2. Controller appears in Joy.cpl, but no inputs are recognized. Works on other computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller appears in Joy.cpl, but no inputs are recognized. Works on other computers: I have a game controller that I am working with that connects via Bluetooth. When connected, it appears in joy.cpl as a '3 axis 9 button' HID device or something along those lines. When connected to my PC, no inputs are detected. I will push a button on the controller and...
  3. XBOX 360 Controller recognized, but no input and flashing green ring.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 Controller recognized, but no input and flashing green ring.: Hello,Today I've decided to plug my old original XBOX 360 pad via USB to my Windows 11 PC. In device manager the pad is being recognized properly as "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit" no driver installation was required. The problem is that the green ring is...
  4. XBOX 360 Controller recognized, but no input and flashing green ring.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX 360 Controller recognized, but no input and flashing green ring.: Hello,Today I've decided to plug my old original XBOX 360 pad via USB to my Windows 11 PC. In device manager the pad is being recognized properly as "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit" no driver installation was required. The problem is that the green ring is...
  5. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  6. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  7. Controller recognized but cannot input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller recognized but cannot input: Windows 10, SCUF Vantage 2 controller, PS4 controllerWindows is detecting my controller and will allow me to use it but after a few seconds it will stop working, I've tried all USB ports on my PC, tried 2 different cables, and it works perfectly fine on my PS4 using the same...
  8. Controller recognized but cannot input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller recognized but cannot input: Windows 10, SCUF Vantage 2 controller, PS4 controllerWindows is detecting my controller and will allow me to use it but after a few seconds it will stop working, I've tried all USB ports on my PC, tried 2 different cables, and it works perfectly fine on my PS4 using the same...
  9. 3rd party controller only recognized as a input device and not as a controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd party controller only recognized as a input device and not as a controller: I have this 3rd party Pro Controller that I use on my PC. Today I bought this bluetooth dongle so I could use my controller wirelessly. When I pair it with my pc though, it doesn't recognize it as a controller. When I use the USB it does and when I connect it to my phone...
  10. Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller recognized, but not transmitting any input: I've had some issues with my xbox one controller of late. I recently reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers for my controller, managed to connect it without a usb adapter for the first time. Then that broke and nearly took my Bluetooth with it. I managed to get it fixed and am now...