Windows 10: Controller rumble not working

Discus and support Controller rumble not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been using a wireless 8Bitdo SF30, but I can't get the rumble to work. I've tried seeing if it would work on an Xbox One controller, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ivan PatrickFreely, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Controller rumble not working

I've been using a wireless 8Bitdo SF30, but I can't get the rumble to work. I've tried seeing if it would work on an Xbox One controller, and it doesn't work on that either for some reason. I've gotten it to work before, so I know that it can't be because I'm on Bluetooth. The only thing that's changed is that I'm using a new PC, so I don't know if that's messing anything up with the wireless adapter I'm using. I dunno what's going on, so any help would be appreciated!

:)

Ivan PatrickFreely, Jun 1, 2021
  2. sjmurray Win User

Rumble Issues with Xbox One Controller and Windows 10

So I discovered that the rumble on my xbox one controller is not working properly on my desktop. I was using Thumper as a test game and was not getting rumble as I should. I tested it against my laptop where the rumble appears to be working as intended. That also rules out the controller as the issue. I am operating in wired mode so also not that common issue.

Has anyone had this issue, or can they think of a possible fix?

sjmurray, Jun 1, 2021
  3. SIDWULF Win User
    Add rumble support to triggers on Xbox one control

Common you guys update Xinput already so developers can add rumble support on the triggers for xbox one controller.

Grrrr, this controller has been out forever too.

And its YOUR controller too!

SIDWULF, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Scavar Win User

Controller rumble not working

Rumbling controllers never coming to the PS3, Sony calls them 'last generation'

Rumble is hardly a sense of touch to me. Now if the controller grew hot, and cold, and had wind effects, and changed how it felt, and shook how actual items shook and the chair you were in and your house vibrated, then you would have a sense of touch.

Rumble to me is a poor excuse and a poor step toward a more inclusive gaming world.

Scavar, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Controller rumble not working

1. Controller rumble not working - Similar Threads - Controller rumble working

2. Rumble Has No Play Button On Edge: WHY!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rumble Has No Play Button On Edge: WHY!: Why Does Rumble Not Have A Play Button On Edge But Works Fine On Browsers Such As Firefox - Google - IE11! I Was Able To Reload In IE11 Until Edge Found This Loop Hole And Stopped Me From Even Accessing It That Way? Why Is This? Is It Because That Edge Don't Like Rumble's...
  3. Rumble Has No Play Button On Edge: WHY!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rumble Has No Play Button On Edge: WHY!: Why Does Rumble Not Have A Play Button On Edge But Works Fine On Browsers Such As Firefox - Google - IE11! I Was Able To Reload In IE11 Until Edge Found This Loop Hole And Stopped Me From Even Accessing It That Way? Why Is This? Is It Because That Edge Don't Like Rumble's...
  4. Rumble Has No Play Button On Edge: WHY!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. controller not working

controller not working: Ever since I updated to windows 11 my Xbox one first gen controller don't work. Normally back in windows 10 if I just plug my controller it works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-not-working/4fc30232-a282-4c93-88c1-4b91cbe58036
  6. Nonstop rumbling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonstop rumbling: I just got an xbox elite controller v2. I immediately connected it yo my PC and updated it using the xbox accessories program. Whenever I play a game and the controller vibrates, the vibration never stops. Even if I turn vibration off in the game settings it will continue...
  7. Nonstop rumbling

Nonstop rumbling: I just got an xbox elite controller v2. I immediately connected it yo my PC and updated it using the xbox accessories program. Whenever I play a game and the controller vibrates, the vibration never stops. Even if I turn vibration off in the game settings it will continue...
  8. Controllers not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controllers not working?: Recently my DirectInput controllers just stopped working natively. The only way I can get them to function is by using steam to configure them as Xinput (Xbox One). It seems as they are detected, but non-steam games do not detect them. I am using Nintendo Pro Controllers, and...
  9. i can hear myself and also hear rumble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can hear myself and also hear rumble: i recently got a new pc and with that i got a a new headset,it has two 3.5mm cords that are plugged into the back of my pc one is for the microphone and the other is for the sound,the sound is ok,but when i plug in the mic and pick mic in in the reltek HD audio manager i can...
  10. Desktop computer rumbles on?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop computer rumbles on?: I have a HP Envy desktop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. It seems to me that whenever I boot up, it is taking an inordinate amount of time for Windows to open up. The computer just keeps rumbling on. And even when Windows does open, the hourglass working icon is present for a...