Windows 10: Controller stopped working

Discus and support Controller stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone!I have a problem with controller.Its a generic controller and it was working fine and dandy when i got it....After some time it simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadowDevelopment, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Controller stopped working

Hey everyone!I have a problem with controller.Its a generic controller and it was working fine and dandy when i got it....After some time it simply stopped working..its not showing up in the device manager either.It is like it has died.I was using it on my PC to play games,and when i went to vacation i plugged it in my laptop to play games...it worked...when i returned it has stopped working completely...i have no clue what error is and any help is appreciated.Thanks in advance.

:)

ShadowDevelopment, Mar 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 upgrade stopped apps to work

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to open Control panel in Windows 10.

• Right click on Windows icon.

• Select Control panel.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Controller stopped working

Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Hi - I am facing an issue for the past few days after updating Windows 10(auto-update). Left Control key in Notebook keypad stopped working after the update and I have tried many steps suggested in various forums. None has worked so far, so hoping for some
    help here. Below are the steps I have already tried:

1. Update Keyboard Driver

2. Uninstall keyboard driver

3. Complete any pending Windows update

4. Make English US the default language & remove others.

All these were suggested in various forums which have worked for others but none of these have solved the issue for me.

Sachin87GR, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Controller stopped working

1. Controller stopped working - Similar Threads - Controller stopped working

2. hp display control stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp display control stopped working: This happens frequently, often several times a week. I have run "repair," to no avail.I turned it off from the Startups page and haven't observed any difference in the computer's performance.I could remove and reinstall it, but is it even worth worrying about?This is how...
  3. Volume control stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume control stops working: Hi yall,I have a problem with the volume control on the taskbar that stops working. It is then only possible to configure the output sound using settings.I have restarted the windows audio service and ran the sound troubleshooter.Have also rebooted.Please help,Carl...
  4. Volume control stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control stops working: Hi yall,I have a problem with the volume control on the taskbar that stops working. It is then only possible to configure the output sound using settings.I have restarted the windows audio service and ran the sound troubleshooter.Have also rebooted.Please help,Carl...
  5. Controller Vibration stopped working on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Vibration stopped working on Win11: Hi, i play different games on my PC with Controller, i use a Series Controller and an Elite Series 2. Both are like 3 months old, vibration worked fine all the time, and last week it suddenly stopped working. Batteries are full, in Xbox Accessoires App is vibration activated,...
  6. brightness control stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brightness control stopped working: has anyone found a way to get the brightness control to work after it ceased functioning with the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-stopped-working/15abf4c1-cc46-4386-a79c-f7954ece7106
  7. COntrol C and COntrol V stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    COntrol C and COntrol V stopped working: I dont understand why I have to read and work through a range of solutions that do not solve this problem.Can I please get a direct and accurate reply?...
  8. Bluetooth controller stops working in game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth controller stops working in game: I have an Xbox One controller that i use to play games on pc via bluetooth. It works fine for the most part, until i recently started playing Final Fantasy XV. That is until i walk away. Once the screen saver starts, and the controller times out to auto off, when i bring...
  9. Xbox controller stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller stopped working: I was playing fine with my controller on modern warfere then out of nowhere i can use it anymore my computer recognizes it i can press the xbox button and open gamepad but its unresponsive in game. Ive uninstalled driver reinstalled it over 5 times all my stuff is updated im...
  10. Volume control stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume control stopped working: Normally, with Windows 10, if I use the slider and turn off the Volume in my taskbar, if I play a video or whatever, I cannot hear anything. But lately all of a sudden, even if the Volume Control is off, the sound is still on if I do anything on my computer, which is not good...