Windows 10: Controller stopped working

Discus and support Controller stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone!I have a problem with controller.Its a generic controller and it was working fine and dandy when i got it....After some time it simply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadowDevelopment, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Controller stopped working

Hey everyone!I have a problem with controller.Its a generic controller and it was working fine and dandy when i got it....After some time it simply stopped working..its not showing up in the device manager either.It is like it has died.I was using it on my PC to play games,and when i went to vacation i plugged it in my laptop to play games...it worked...when i returned it has stopped working completely...i have no clue what error is and any help is appreciated.Thanks in advance.

:)

ShadowDevelopment, Mar 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 upgrade stopped apps to work

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to open Control panel in Windows 10.

• Right click on Windows icon.

• Select Control panel.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Controller stopped working

Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Hi - I am facing an issue for the past few days after updating Windows 10(auto-update). Left Control key in Notebook keypad stopped working after the update and I have tried many steps suggested in various forums. None has worked so far, so hoping for some
    help here. Below are the steps I have already tried:

1. Update Keyboard Driver

2. Uninstall keyboard driver

3. Complete any pending Windows update

4. Make English US the default language & remove others.

All these were suggested in various forums which have worked for others but none of these have solved the issue for me.

Sachin87GR, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Controller stopped working

1. Controller stopped working - Similar Threads - Controller stopped working

2. USB controller stops working at least once a day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB controller stops working at least once a day.: Hey, I got a problem, I have bought myself a new controller for use on my windows pc, pc is about half a year old. The weird problem is, the controller, a third party ps4 compatible controller works fine but at least once a day, haven't it happen twice yet, the damn thing...
  3. Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly: Hi, Was playing the witcher 3 via steam with my xbox one controller connected to my PC via bluetooth, had no issues this would of been approx 05/01/2020 Almost 2 weeks later and no matter which of my various controllers I use or which games I try to play, controller's...
  4. Both Control Keys that Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Control Keys that Have Stopped Working: i'm using windows 10 in laptop lenovo y700 both CTRL key stopped working i have tried this solution alt+ctrl+fn and it worked properly but now it stopped working...
  5. Intel(R) graphics control panel stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel(R) graphics control panel stopped working: Opened mcafee lifesave and PC went unresponsive. The cursor and ctrl alt delete didnt work. Fyi keyboard's caps lock wouldn't respond. And windows didnt reboot itself so I Did a force shut down and successfully booted. Could somebody enlighten me on what exactly happened?...
  6. Touchscreen Stopped Working and Missing Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchscreen Stopped Working and Missing Control Panel Settings: Hi, I've got an Asus Zenscreen Touch as a secondary monitor and it's been working fine up until today. I think there was an update with windows as the tablet pc settings are missing from my control panel. I used these steps to setup the screen originally - link I then...
  7. Sound Volume Control stopped working in Windows 10

Sound Volume Control stopped working in Windows 10: Hi, Have had windows 10 for well over a year now and haven't done any updates recently (haven't been notified of any available either). Powered down my desktop and when I booted back up, the little sound "horn" icon in the bottom right corner of the taskbar seems to be dead....
  8. Controlled Folder Access events stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access events stopped working: I'm testing Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access. At some point during my testing event ID 1123 stopped showing up in the Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender/Operational log. I've tried turning off and on, or switching to Audit mode. When I enable CFA it does block...
  9. Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10

Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10: I have a Streetfighter X Tekken Arcade Fightstick Pro by Madcatz. It's an officially licensed Xbox360 controller for fighting games. It's even listed here as fully supported in windows 10 and was working until recently....
  10. Volume control stopped working

Volume control stopped working: Normally, with Windows 10, if I use the slider and turn off the Volume in my taskbar, if I play a video or whatever, I cannot hear anything. But lately all of a sudden, even if the Volume Control is off, the sound is still on if I do anything on my computer, which is not good...