Windows 10: Controller will not show up in bluetooth

Discus and support Controller will not show up in bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm half asleep. this is frustrating. I got a Xbox one controller, regular Microsoft Xbox one controller, I follow the pathing to it's bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blakemason1, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Controller will not show up in bluetooth

I'm half asleep. this is frustrating. I got a Xbox one controller, regular Microsoft Xbox one controller, I follow the pathing to it's bluetooth location, it even says to click on this section for Bluetooth, I click it, click the button on the controller to make it pair, and a Blank Icon pops up. it does not say Xbox controller or anything like that, it is blank. I have a Dell xps 8910 with my bluetooth drivers updated btw. anyways I click the blank Icon and it asks for a pin. I just want to use my controller wireless..... windows 10 btw

:)

blakemason1, Nov 22, 2018

2. Unable to connect ps4 controller via bluetooth, only shows up as "input"

Hi Freddy,

The issue may occur due to configuration setting. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried contacting the manufacturer if there was a built in Bluetooth controller to connect your device?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ
    . It contains troubleshooting steps if you are having issue with Bluetooth.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 22, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Controller will not show up in bluetooth

Cant connect my XBOX ONE controller to my W10 pc via bluetooth

Hi,

If you encounter issues connecting an Xbox One Wireless Controller on your Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, it may be because of an incorrect device configuration. Another factor that we have to take into consideration is an outdated Bluetooth driver. We suggest
    running the Bluetooth troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect.
    • Disconnect then reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend verifying if the Bluetooth device shows on the Device Manager. To do so, kindly perform the following steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Show hidden devices.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Devices by connection.
    • Find your Bluetooth hardware.

Controller will not show up in bluetooth 4015881_en_2.png

For additional troubleshooting steps, refer to
    How to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    . The details on that page will guide you how to connect the controller via Bluetooth as well as troubleshooting methods you may perform if you encounter issues with the Bluetooth
    connection.

We're looking forward to get this issue resolved.

Do get back to us with the progress. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Controller will not show up in bluetooth

1. Controller will not show up in bluetooth - Similar Threads - Controller show bluetooth

2. Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth: I tried to connect my ps4 controller to my pc but it won't show up. And i tried connecting a headphone device to the bluetooth and it worked and i tried to connect the ps4 controller to my cellphone and it worked, so idk what is the problem. I have already updated the drivers...
  3. Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ps4 controller won't show up in bluetooth: I tried to connect my ps4 controller to my pc but it won't show up. And i tried connecting a headphone device to the bluetooth and it worked and i tried to connect the ps4 controller to my cellphone and it worked, so idk what is the problem. I have already updated the drivers...
  4. controller not showing up as a controller

controller not showing up as a controller: so I'm tryna use ds4 and when i plug in my ps4 controller it didn't show up so i tried searching up how to fix that and i had to go into control panel and stuff and for the video i was watching his controller came up as wireless controller and mine came up as like unknown USB...
  5. controller not showing up as a controller

in Windows 10 Customization
    controller not showing up as a controller: so I'm tryna use ds4 and when i plug in my ps4 controller it didn't show up so i tried searching up how to fix that and i had to go into control panel and stuff and for the video i was watching his controller came up as wireless controller and mine came up as like unknown USB...
  6. xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu

xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu: My Xbox controller is not showing up in my Bluetooth options when i try to connect, this is on my pc, there is no option to turn Bluetooth on or off, can someone please help?...
  7. xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu: My Xbox controller is not showing up in my Bluetooth options when i try to connect, this is on my pc, there is no option to turn Bluetooth on or off, can someone please help?...
  8. xbox controller not showing up in bluetooth menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search

in Windows 10 Customization
    PS4 controller not showing up on bluetooth search: i have tried almost everything but my controller won't show up when its searching for devices and i was even holding down share and the ps button and it doesn't show up even tho the controller is in pair mode please help...
  10. PS4 Controller Wont show up in Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 Controller Wont show up in Bluetooth: I found it hidden, how do i fix this I constantly need to plug it into DS4 Windows and its such an inconvenience not to have it wireless please and thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. controller not showing up on bluetooth

2. gamepad bluetooth doesnt show up

3. bluetooth controller not showing up as human interface

4. windows 10 xbox wireless controller bluetooth not showing up,
  5. sxbox one controller not showing up ion bluetooth,
  6. controller not showing in bluetooth,
  7. xontroller not showing on bluetooth,
  8. windows 10 xbox one bluetooth not showing up,
  9. controller not showing in blutooth,
  10. xbox controller not showing in bluetooth