Windows 10: Controllers are not detected by windows at all

Discus and support Controllers are not detected by windows at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The other day when I went to plug in my xbox one controller to my PC to play a game after the march update, the computer wouldnt recognize that I even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zach1219, Mar 18, 2020.

1. zach1219 Win User

Controllers are not detected by windows at all

The other day when I went to plug in my xbox one controller to my PC to play a game after the march update, the computer wouldnt recognize that I even plugged anything in. I know it's not the port that is broken because I plugged my mouse into the same port and it worked. I know its not the controller because it still works on my xbox. I know its not the cable because I can still charge stuff with it. What happened? I have tried so much to no avail. Its not even showing up in my device manager. No sound when I plug it in. Nothing.

:)

zach1219, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Siddhagod Win User

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being detected by Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect the Nintendo Switch Pro controller to the computer, it is not being detected, we will look into this for you.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Does the Nintendo Switch Pro controller gets detected in any other computer?
    • Were you able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro controller earlier on your current computer?
    • Is any other USB Device detected on your computer?
    • Do you see any Unknown device or a yellow yield sign on any device in Device Manager?
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

To check for unknown devices, you can press Windows key + X, and select
    Device Manager.

If you see any Unknown device or a device with yellow yield, right click on the device and select
    Update Driver.

However, we would also suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.
    except Method 1 and 2 and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Controllers are not detected by windows at all - Similar Threads - Controllers are detected

2. Windows not detecting PS5 Controller

in Windows 10 News
    Windows not detecting PS5 Controller: [ATTACH]PlayStation 5 Controller is one of the best in the business. However, not all users are able to enjoy the controller to the fullest. According to some users, Windows is not detecting PS5 Controller. In this article, we are going to talk about this in detail and see...
  3. PS5 controller not detecting on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PS5 controller not detecting on Windows 10.: Whenever I try to connect my PS5 controller to my PC, it always says, "USB device not recognized." I would like to use it wired, since Bluetooth always glitches and disconnects, which can be annoying. Should I buy a new wire? Or any other tips on how to fix it? submitted by...
  4. My Nintendo Switch pro controller is not detected at all by windows

My Nintendo Switch pro controller is not detected at all by windows: How can I fix it? (The controller worked fine on the same computer with Ubuntu btw) submitted by /u/Simppu27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1uw4x/my_nintendo_switch_pro_controller_is_not_detected/
  5. Windows not detecting PS3 Controller..

Windows not detecting PS3 Controller..: I've tried connecting my ps3 controllers so many times now, and none of them has worked. Any help pls? https://reddit.com/link/i0khtm/video/cahw1mhmdzd51/player submitted by /u/05k4r10 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows not detecting Xbox controller

Windows not detecting Xbox controller: It is found in device manager, tried restarting,not recognizing any button presses, still vibrates. Can someone help? Updating the firmware didn't help. submitted by /u/autisticduck69 [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox controller not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller not detected: I am trying to connect a second Xbox one s controller to my PC but cannot see it at all when trying to pair. I have one controller already connected and the new one does pair with my surface pro 7 and firestick by Bluetooth so I am assuming both PC and controller work. It...
  8. PS4 controller not detected by windows 10

PS4 controller not detected by windows 10: So basically, tried most trouble shoots. Installed DS4, installed xbox controller drivers etc and still nothing works. The issue isnt that it is not working, the issue is that when plugged in all the controller does it shows the yellow charing light and nothing else. Nothing...
  9. Redgear Controller not detected

Redgear Controller not detected: I have a Redgear controller which I use for playing on my laptop. It didn't require any drivers for installation. It was working fine until the last Windows update. After I updated Windows yesterday, my controller isn't being detected. The lights on the controller are still...
  10. Game Controller No Longer Detected

Game Controller No Longer Detected: Can someone please help, I've had a PS3 Controller for about 8 months now and it's been working great but suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere my PC doesn't detect the PS3 and not in the USB device not recognised kind of way but in the it doesn't even register a USB device...