Windows 10: Controllers not working?

Discus and support Controllers not working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently my DirectInput controllers just stopped working natively. The only way I can get them to function is by using steam to configure them as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EquivalentTrust, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Controllers not working?

Recently my DirectInput controllers just stopped working natively. The only way I can get them to function is by using steam to configure them as Xinput (Xbox One). It seems as they are detected, but non-steam games do not detect them. I am using Nintendo Pro Controllers, and a Playstation 4 Controller. I brang these to my friends house, and they worked completely fine on the same game. It seems something is not functioning. Help?

submitted by /u/EquivalentTrust
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EquivalentTrust, Mar 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 21, 2021
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Mar 21, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Controllers not working?

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Controllers not working?

1. Controllers not working? - Similar Threads - Controllers working

2. my undo button in Microsoft Solitaire Collection is greyed out and control z doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my undo button in Microsoft Solitaire Collection is greyed out and control z doesn't work.: my undo button in Microsoft Solitaire Collection is greyed out and control z doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-undo-button-in-microsoft-solitaire-collection/3aa89f24-2bb6-4f3a-a389-fd4525308389
  3. what gaphics control panel should i use since both official intel ones dont work on intel...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what gaphics control panel should i use since both official intel ones dont work on intel...: So i installed windows 10 and the old school intel graphics control panel doesnt open and ive tried everything to open it i even installed the unsupoported intel hd graphics control panel from micrsoft store but it keeps saying no intel graphics driver update, check driver...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones Controls Not Working Properly

Bluetooth Headphones Controls Not Working Properly: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, TaoTronics TT-BH055, which work perfectly on my smartphone, but the pause button fails on my desktop computer. The TT-BH055 uses the same button for its play/pause functions. The button works fine for starting videos or music, but...
  5. xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working: xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not workingthe game pad working on all games but vibration not working on gamesbut working in Game Controler Tester app on windows 10and not switch with Xbox Accsseories apppleese help...
  6. Control Center and Wifi Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Center and Wifi Search Not Working: After updating windows 10 , the control center and wifi connections does not show however it wifi search works perfectly on lock screen only.I have tried below stuff-sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth...
  7. Controllers wheels sticks not working with windows 10 gameinputredist.dll

Controllers wheels sticks not working with windows 10 gameinputredist.dll: This is so ridiculous. I have a Mad Catz racing wheel, MC2, that worked perfectly fine as a plug and play generic device on windows 7.. I try it on windows 10 and it flickers and crashes me to login or log out, whatever you wana call it.. I have spent like 50 hours now...
  8. Microsoft parental controls not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft parental controls not working: Hello,My computer Had parental controlsand was granted time for the whole dayand the Computer still didnt log me inIt kept saying You can use your pc on 16/7/2021 8:00am Which is todayand i logged in after that time and it still didnt work other devices it worked but one...
  9. Dualshock 4 Controllers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dualshock 4 Controllers not working: ps4 controllers or Dualshock 4 controllers are not working. I've tried multiple cables and controllers. Even though Xbox controller's work perfectly. Controllers come up as an audio device. My controllers were working until out of no where during a game of Call Of Duty...
  10. brightness control stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brightness control stopped working: has anyone found a way to get the brightness control to work after it ceased functioning with the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-stopped-working/15abf4c1-cc46-4386-a79c-f7954ece7106