Windows 10: Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

Discus and support Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Scenario:There are a number of programs that store files in the OneDrive "Documents" Folder. Bad design, there is no need for those particular files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew-33, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Andrew-33 Win User

Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

Scenario:There are a number of programs that store files in the OneDrive "Documents" Folder. Bad design, there is no need for those particular files to be there.The programs in question don't have an option to relocate those files more bad design and I've found no reference in the registry or configuration files that specifies where those files are stored.I have no need to share these particular files across my computers. Not everything on this machine is needed or even useful on other machines.I have accumulated enough files to exceed OneDrive's mind-bogglingly huge 5gb limit. Still mor

:)

Andrew-33, Nov 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

Hello Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• What happens when you click on Control Panel?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Did you install all pending Windows updates?
    • Did you make any changes in your system prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list and then check if its working. If not I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned by
    Steverid and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-working/e2654ef5-38e1-4fc6-9278-d8c8126f72ef

And related to OneDrive issue, I suggest you to post the query in One drive forum to get assistance with OneDrive issues.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 13, 2021
  4. Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

Onedrive uploads not happening - clocking but no upload

Hi Rohn,

The issue that you’ve encountered uploading your files to OneDrive may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    fix OneDrive sync problems. Once you’re on the
    page, you may expand and proceed with the steps in each option under the
    Fix sync issues with the new OneDrive personal sync client
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

1. Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior - Similar Threads - Controlling OneDrive's uploading

2. Onedrive upload status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive upload status: In the Onedrive tray, when uploading files I see each item uploading with messages like: "uploading 0.0KB of 2.5MB 64.1KB"Wondering what is the 64.1KB referring to?These are photos that have had some metadata altered, so am thinking it might be the "changes" that are...
  3. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  4. Uploading to OneDrive

Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  5. onedrive repeats upload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive repeats upload: OneDrive repeats uploading the same file over and over. Completes, then starts all over again. Does not stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-repeats-upload/e416c818-55f4-45f6-a14a-a38d51707495
  6. Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior: Scenario:There are a number of programs that store files in the OneDrive "Documents" Folder. Bad design, there is no need for those particular files to be there.The programs in question don't have an option to relocate those files more bad design and I've found no reference...
  7. Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior: Scenario:There are a number of programs that store files in the OneDrive "Documents" Folder. Bad design, there is no need for those particular files to be there.The programs in question don't have an option to relocate those files more bad design and I've found no reference...
  8. Onedrive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  9. uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading to OneDrive: I was uploading a very large file onto OneDrive I only had the free version. It stopped uploading as I was out of space. On a different device I upgraded & paid for one of the premium packages. The device I was uploading on did not detect the upgrade. I logged out and...
  10. Onedrive Uploading?

Onedrive Uploading?: How do I know what files are being uploaded to my Onedrive as I seem to have a huge amount of them being uploaded if I look at my icon? [img] However if I look at what I think my setting should be they look like this. [img] Now if I look at the properties of...