Windows 10: Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same.

Discus and support Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I used to have a SteelSeries headset which had a cool software addition called ChatMix. It separated the audio from calls and media, so that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/H9F-142, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same.

Hey,

I used to have a SteelSeries headset which had a cool software addition called ChatMix. It separated the audio from calls and media, so that the volume slider only affected the media. It made playing games and talking on discord very nice, as call volume never needed to be changed, only the game loudness.

I've got a new pair of headphones now and I've been wondering, since this pair doesn't have any built in ChatMix, could that be set up in Windows 10 somehow. I tried using a virtual cable but to no avail. Maybe I did it wrong, I'm not sure. There was an option to have stereo/7.1 sound as separate devices in the Sounds settings window, so I set one up as a default device and the other as a default communication device, but when I changed the volume of one, the other one changed too so that didn't work out.

Could anyone help me figure out a way to get this to work? Maybe some 3rd party apps that allow that?

Thanks in advance Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same. :)

submitted by /u/H9F-142
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/H9F-142, Mar 4, 2021
  2. lenny00 Win User

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

There is an information on how to create this shortcut posted here:

windows 10 audio volume keyboard shortcut - Google Suche

The problem I have is that unlike in Linux such a shortcut isn't working unless Volume Mixer icon on the taskbar is clicked upon.

So volume slider pops-up, then this shortcut works. As a result: I still need to use a mouse.

Can you, please suggest a way to create a keyboard shortcut to control Windows 10 audio volume (not an application audio volume), which won't involve using a mouse?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

lenny00, Mar 4, 2021
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same.

joeka---01, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same.

1. Controlling only media volume with volume scroll on keyboard, while call audio stays the same. - Similar Threads - Controlling media volume

2. Windows 11 Audio volume constantly stays the same?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Audio volume constantly stays the same?: My audio stays the exact same, even if i I slide the volume up and down. It sounds the same at 2 as it would at 80. Sometimes when I click on the speaker icon, it makes this quiet, cut-off system sound. I am making this because I have looked at other discussions and followed...
  3. Windows 11 Audio volume constantly stays the same?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Audio volume constantly stays the same?: My audio stays the exact same, even if i I slide the volume up and down. It sounds the same at 2 as it would at 80. Sometimes when I click on the speaker icon, it makes this quiet, cut-off system sound. I am making this because I have looked at other discussions and followed...
  4. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  5. Volume suddenly increases while the volume number is the same.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume suddenly increases while the volume number is the same.: Hello. I am on Win10 latest updates, but this issue goes back several years to me.The issue: I usually use the volume at around 12 with my headset. However, sometimes the volume suddenly doubles it gets really loud, so I perceive at around 24, but the volume number still is...
  6. Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume

Mouse Not Scrolling, Only controls Volume: Since the last update to Windows 10 I have no way to change the vertical scrolling on my mouse. It only affects the volume control. This is affecting all aspects of control including gaming and browsing. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the driver....
  7. Volume dealy stays up while playing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume dealy stays up while playing audio: Anybody else seem this? The audio thingy at the top left of the screen stays up while playing audio. It does it for sure while watching YouTube but also when doing Netflix. It also makes it to where I cannot separate tabs in Chrome. The big problem is, it stays on top no...
  8. Volume Control on Keyboard

Volume Control on Keyboard: I can't get the volume control switches on my keyboard to work properly. When I use volume up or down and mute switches, my computer switches over to Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-keyboard/224b64a7-1972-41aa-8154-abe2cae7927e
  9. Audio volume control on Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio volume control on Bluetooth: While the missing function of Bluetooth volume control, in the Task Bar Volume Control, may be replaced by a similar function in the App or Software this is frequently untrue for audio commentaries in web browsers leaving the choice of be deafen by full volume or not listen....
  10. mouse scroll only affects volume

mouse scroll only affects volume: mouse scroll only works to change the control does not do any of the other normal stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-scroll-only-affects-volume/cfa086ad-73a5-4e0b-965e-0c7fa6b85dcd