Windows 10: Controlling where an application is displayed using multiple monitors.

Discus and support Controlling where an application is displayed using multiple monitors. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Widows 10 Pro, 64-bit with 3 monitors using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti graphics card and have an Intel 7i-4930K CPU with 32 gig of RAM.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MkWalter, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MkWalter Win User

Controlling where an application is displayed using multiple monitors.

I am running Widows 10 Pro, 64-bit with 3 monitors using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti graphics card and have an Intel 7i-4930K CPU with 32 gig of RAM. For the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties I have it configured so that it shows all taskbars on all displays.
    The behavior that currently exists is that if I launch an application from any monitor it opens on the one it was last open on. For example, if I have Notepad open on monitor 3, close it, launch the application from monitor 1 it actually opens on monitor 3.
    The behavior I would like is for the application to open on the monitor I launch it from. For example, if I have Notepad open on monitor 3, close it, launch the application on monitor 1 it is displayed on monitor 1. It would be wonderful if I could launch Notepad on monitor 1 and have it display there, launch Notepad on monitor 2 and have it display there and finally launch Notepad on monitor 3 and have it display there.
    Is this possible and/or a setting I just am not aware of in Windows 10? Granted, Notepad is not the most exciting application but it was just an example. *Smile
    Thanks in advance!

:)

MkWalter, Oct 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 Disconnected Displays-where did they go?

On mine I can reconnect the monitors through the Nvidia Control panel under "Set up multiple displays"-It is a pain as Nvidia does not remember where the monitors are located so I have to go back into the Windows Display Settings and rearrange them.

Eric12345_678, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize dual monitors

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Please follow the steps:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution

and make sure both monitors are shown and "Extend desktop to this display" is selected for each monitor.

If both monitors are not shown, try clicking on "Detect"

Check Device manager to see if the video card or cards (if you are using more than one) and both monitors are shown in the list of devices.

You can also try updating video card driver:

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows key+X.

2. Device manager and select the video card.

3. Right click on the driver and select update.

Connect multiple monitors to your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: The above mentioned steps are also applicable to Windows 10.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

Controlling where an application is displayed using multiple monitors.

1. Controlling where an application is displayed using multiple monitors. - Similar Threads - Controlling where application

2. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  3. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  4. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't get applications to use multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get applications to use multiple monitors: Despite my display being set to extend the desktop, I cannot get any fullscreen applications to use all 3 monitors like I want. While I do normally use my second and third monitors for multitasking, there are times where I want to be able to actually use them for the games...
  6. Can't get applications to use multiple monitors

Can't get applications to use multiple monitors: Despite my display being set to extend the desktop, I cannot get any fullscreen applications to use all 3 monitors like I want. While I do normally use my second and third monitors for multitasking, there are times where I want to be able to actually use them for the games...
  7. Can't get applications to use multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Use of multiple displays

Use of multiple displays: Windows 10 Automatic Update Multiple monitors environment I have read various notes and I am just confused and frustrated. I have successfully connected a second monitor to my laptop and duly identified them as 1 and 2, and configured them so that 2 is on the left and 1...
  9. Option to open applications on display that was used during action. [Multiple display control]

Option to open applications on display that was used during action. [Multiple display control]: Dear Microsoft, I want to know is there an option to open applications on a display where icons are located. For example, when I double-click on a browser icon on my 1st monitor browser displays on the 1st monitor, but if I double-click on a browser icon on my 2nd...
  10. Use of Multiple monitor

Use of Multiple monitor: Sir I have connected second monitor to my laptop through HDMI cable. Is it possible to use these two monitors for two different task. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-multiple-monitor/67b0de2a-e552-4b5c-b375-f076aeb20415