Windows 10: Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Discus and support Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The OneDrive feature that shows photos from the same day but from prior years is mostly great. However, in some cases it is including junk images, e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ken Forbus, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

The OneDrive feature that shows photos from the same day but from prior years is mostly great. However, in some cases it is including junk images, e.g. .png files from downloaded web sites and video games, which are definitely not in my Pictures directory. I have looked at settings and can't find anything that seems relevant. This occurs on both the web version and on the iOS version. I have looked up the location of some of the images and they are all in OneDrive, but in folders far removed from the Pictures folder. How can I convince OneDrive to only look under Pictures? Thanks.

:)

Ken Forbus, Dec 10, 2021
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Dec 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

Hello Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• What happens when you click on Control Panel?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Did you install all pending Windows updates?
    • Did you make any changes in your system prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list and then check if its working. If not I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned by
    Steverid and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-working/e2654ef5-38e1-4fc6-9278-d8c8126f72ef

And related to OneDrive issue, I suggest you to post the query in One drive forum to get assistance with OneDrive issues.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 10, 2021
  4. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

1. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature - Similar Threads - Controlling where OneDrive

2. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: Hi,I would like to select which folders one drive uses for my memories notifications. It selects bitmaps or png and I have a separate picture folder that I would like it to select from only.Thank you...
  3. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: Hi,I would like to select which folders one drive uses for my memories notifications. It selects bitmaps or png and I have a separate picture folder that I would like it to select from only.Thank you...
  4. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. download an image from "Your memories on this day"

download an image from "Your memories on this day": I used to be able to right click on an image in the email from Microsoft called "Your memories on this day" and download it. Now there is no "download" option. When I try to "save image as" [and type in a name like 'Dog Picture 1'] the image does not appear in my download...
  6. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: I want to limit the "Your Memories from this Day" feature to only pull from the pictures folder in One Drive. It currently pulls any images from any folder in my one drive, not just the Pictures folder.I cannot find any good info online about how to limit what folders the...
  7. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: I want to limit the "Your Memories from this Day" feature to only pull from the pictures folder in One Drive. It currently pulls any images from any folder in my one drive, not just the Pictures folder.I cannot find any good info online about how to limit what folders the...
  8. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

9. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: The OneDrive feature that shows photos from the same day but from prior years is mostly great. However, in some cases it is including junk images, e.g. .png files from downloaded web sites and video games, which are definitely not in my Pictures directory. I have looked at...
  10. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: The OneDrive feature that shows photos from the same day but from prior years is mostly great. However, in some cases it is including junk images, e.g. .png files from downloaded web sites and video games, which are definitely not in my Pictures directory. I have looked at...