Windows 10: Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Discus and support Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to limit the "Your Memories from this Day" feature to only pull from the pictures folder in One Drive. It currently pulls any images from any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matt Rushmore, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

I want to limit the "Your Memories from this Day" feature to only pull from the pictures folder in One Drive. It currently pulls any images from any folder in my one drive, not just the Pictures folder.I cannot find any good info online about how to limit what folders the feature pulls pictures from. Thanks!

:)

Matt Rushmore, Apr 6, 2023
  2. Sun Khou Win User

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Hi Ken Forbus!

We'd like you to keep us updated if you are still having some issues with "Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature.

We want you to know that it is important to us to help you answer/resolve your question.

We hope to hear from you very soon.

Sincerely,

Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Sun Khou, Apr 6, 2023
  3. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

The OneDrive feature that shows photos from the same day but from prior years is mostly great. However, in some cases it is including junk images, e.g. .png files from downloaded web sites and video games, which are definitely not in my Pictures directory. I have looked at settings and can't find anything that seems relevant. This occurs on both the web version and on the iOS version. I have looked up the location of some of the images and they are all in OneDrive, but in folders far removed from the Pictures folder. How can I convince OneDrive to only look under Pictures? Thanks.

Ken Forbus, Apr 6, 2023
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Hi Ken Forbus,

Sorry for the late reply,

You might want to try to reset your OneDrive desktop sync app.

Disclaimer: Before you do these steps, please backup all of you files first to avoid accidental data loss.

Here's how:

To reset the OneDrive desktop sync app in Windows

1. Open a Run dialog by pressing Windows key
      Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature [​IMG]
      and R.
    2. Copy this and paste it into the dialog window, then press OK.
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

If you see a "Windows cannot find..." message, copy and paste this instead, then press OK.
      C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

If you see a "Windows cannot find..." message, copy and paste this instead, then press OK.
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    3. Manually restart OneDrive by going to Start
      Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature [​IMG]
      , type OneDrive in the search box, and then click on the OneDrive desktop app.
    Notes:

• Resetting OneDrive disconnects all your existing sync connections (including personal OneDrive and OneDrive for work or school if set up). You won't lose files or data by resetting OneDrive on your computer.
    • If you had chosen to sync only some folders before the reset, you will need to do that again once sync has completed. Read Choose which OneDrive folders to sync to your computer for more information.
    • You will need to complete this for your personal OneDrive and OneDrive for work or school.
    Reset OneDrive (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Sun Khou, Apr 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature - Similar Threads - Controlling where OneDrive

2. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: Hi,I would like to select which folders one drive uses for my memories notifications. It selects bitmaps or png and I have a separate picture folder that I would like it to select from only.Thank you...
  3. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: Hi,I would like to select which folders one drive uses for my memories notifications. It selects bitmaps or png and I have a separate picture folder that I would like it to select from only.Thank you...
  4. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. download an image from "Your memories on this day"

download an image from "Your memories on this day": I used to be able to right click on an image in the email from Microsoft called "Your memories on this day" and download it. Now there is no "download" option. When I try to "save image as" [and type in a name like 'Dog Picture 1'] the image does not appear in my download...
  6. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: I want to limit the "Your Memories from this Day" feature to only pull from the pictures folder in One Drive. It currently pulls any images from any folder in my one drive, not just the Pictures folder.I cannot find any good info online about how to limit what folders the...
  7. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: I want to limit the "Your Memories from this Day" feature to only pull from the pictures folder in One Drive. It currently pulls any images from any folder in my one drive, not just the Pictures folder.I cannot find any good info online about how to limit what folders the...
  8. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: The OneDrive feature that shows photos from the same day but from prior years is mostly great. However, in some cases it is including junk images, e.g. .png files from downloaded web sites and video games, which are definitely not in my Pictures directory. I have looked at...
  9. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature: The OneDrive feature that shows photos from the same day but from prior years is mostly great. However, in some cases it is including junk images, e.g. .png files from downloaded web sites and video games, which are definitely not in my Pictures directory. I have looked at...
  10. Controlling where OneDrive gathers pictures for "Your Memories from this Day" feature