Windows 10: Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought the conversion package for $139.00 and it doesn't work. I spent most of yesterday talking to on-line support without success. I give up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanHealy1, Oct 30, 2020.

1. DanHealy1 Win User

Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I bought the conversion package for $139.00 and it doesn't work. I spent most of yesterday talking to on-line support without success. I give up. I would like to get my money back. How do I get my money back?

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

DanHealy1, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Conversion

2. Music file conversion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music file conversion: What is the best, safest wav to mp3 app for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-file-conversion/cf3fcf88-62bd-4c23-b0ed-5623000c76f6
  3. Embroidery File download and conversion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Embroidery File download and conversion: I downloaded designs from web based company and downloads show desired extension of PES but in my laptop downloads they all have converted to NGS. I am using windows 10, 64 bit and that ALL my designs, new and older are now ngs. I went back to the sites i use and...
  4. video conversion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video conversion: Any reason why I can no longer download and convert video files on windows 10? Thank you for whoever has any advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-conversion/6750b377-2a8c-47d3-9dd5-10e75a3c51f6
  5. Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook macro to move conversation when dragging to folder: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can help me write a macro in Outlook for the following: Macro runs when I manually drag an email (or conversation) to a sub-folder The macro allows for automatic application of "Always move messages in this conversation" Notes:...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...: Just as the subject says... Somehow after one of the Windows updates, some of my settings in the Mail App reset to default i.e. color scheme, conversation view, etc.. I switched everything back but the search function is still showing results in "conversation" view. I've...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off?

Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off?: Hello I REALLY dislike having my emails 'grouped by conversation' and I have turned it off for my inbox. However I've noticed that since the last update to Windows when I perform a search of my mailbox the results come back grouped by conversation. I find it confusing. Is...
  8. Korean IME Keyboard issues with Hanja conversion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean IME Keyboard issues with Hanja conversion: Hello, since there were few people with enough expertise on this subject in the German community I shall try my luck over here. I have downloaded the Korean IME Keyboard on my Windows 10 laptop and left it at the default settings including ‘Keyboard type 1 with 101...
  9. My windows camera seems to work correctly. i can take pictures, converse via video...

My windows camera seems to work correctly. i can take pictures, converse via video...: Yes i had noticed this when taking a picture for my profile, but as this is a second user machine I thought the previous owner may have been Antipodean perhaps?? But i am unable to find a fix ANYWHERE!! Only a reference to another person who asked a question and seemingly...
  10. File Extension conversion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Extension conversion: I transferred 4 .pdf files to another folder. They were automatically converted to .qfl files. magically. How do I convert back to .pdf files. when I try to open them they do not open. Message keeps coming back to "what do you want to do?...