Windows 10: Convert account type

Discus and support Convert account type in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My dad recently changed the account type on MY laptop to standard for no reason, locking me out of a lot of programs that require constant updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrFuzzyChain, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Convert account type

My dad recently changed the account type on MY laptop to standard for no reason, locking me out of a lot of programs that require constant updates, like steam and adobe cloud. How can I change my account type within my account

submitted by /u/MrFuzzyChain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrFuzzyChain, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Local account converted to Microsoft account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Follow the steps below to convert to local account, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts
      click on sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password and click on Next.
    • Type in a Password, and
      Password Hint
      that you want set for your local account and click
      Next
      . Click on Sign out and Finish button.

If you want to switch back to Microsoft account, follow the steps below:

• On the newly converted Local account, press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Convert account type

Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Convert account type

1. Convert account type - Similar Threads - Convert account type

2. Converting child account to adult account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting child account to adult account: My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. Her account had been.a child account. After turning 18, all the content filtering and child restrictions still applied to her account.We tried various suggestions from community discussions to try to fix this problem. None of them...
  3. Converting child account to adult account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting child account to adult account: My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. Her account had been.a child account. After turning 18, all the content filtering and child restrictions still applied to her account.We tried various suggestions from community discussions to try to fix this problem. None of them...
  4. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  5. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  6. Convert local account to microsoft account

7. Convert a Microsoft account to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a Microsoft account to a local account: I had a local account on my PC that has been changed to a Microsoft account ever since I signed into the Microsoft Store app. I would like to change my account back to a local account. I don't want to create a new local account because then I'll have to re-install a lot of...
  8. Convert a Microsoft account to a local account

Convert a Microsoft account to a local account: I had a local account on my PC that has been changed to a Microsoft account ever since I signed into the Microsoft Store app. I would like to change my account back to a local account. I don't want to create a new local account because then I'll have to re-install a lot of...
  9. Convert file type=file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Convert file type=file: I have old files that I can't open on my Windows 10 PC. File explorer says the file type is file. What can I do? submitted by /u/Neil-Jacobson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpdvqt/convert_file_typefile/
  10. Offline accounts converted to MS accounts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Offline accounts converted to MS accounts.: I've not been able to identify the mechanism, but I have at least two offices where the existing offline accounts have been supplanted by Microsoft accounts, presumably without the owners knowledge. I was able to figure it out when suddenly no one was able to scan from a...