Windows 10: Convert Active Directory user to a local user

Discus and support Convert Active Directory user to a local user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to know if it possible to convert a user from an AD to a local account on the same computer and if so how does one go about doing it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jacques vd Merwe, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Convert Active Directory user to a local user

I would like to know if it possible to convert a user from an AD to a local account on the same computer and if so how does one go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Jacques vd Merwe, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 7, 2019
  3. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Daki_drey Win User

Convert Active Directory user to a local user

Share folder on windows 8.1 with active directory users

I am trying to share a folder with active directory users. I need it to be accessible only to the enlisted users. Apparently, it's only allowing me to share with local users. Anyone know how to make it share with active directory users? When i go to share,
    add, and i select locations it only gives the local computer, not active directory. Help needed urgently.

Daki_drey, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Convert Active Directory user to a local user

1. Convert Active Directory user to a local user - Similar Threads - Convert Active Directory

2. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  3. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  4. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Active Directory Migration user impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Migration user impact: Good day, I am trying to understand what could go wrong on the day of migration so I can communicate this to my stakeholders as a worst case scenario. Basically, how could a user be impacted after migration. For example, user cannot login, their email doesn't work, an...
  6. Active Directory Migration user impact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory Migration user impact: Good day, I am trying to understand what could go wrong on the day of migration so I can communicate this to my stakeholders as a worst case scenario. Basically, how could a user be impacted after migration. For example, user cannot login, their email doesn't work, an...
  7. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: Saludos a tod@s. Me gustaria saber si desde Visual Basic Excel puedo hace una consulta a Active Directory Users and Computers para obtener el valor de un campo determinado como podría ser el del nombre. Espero noticias, gracias de ante mano!!!! - Greetings to all. I...
  8. Convert Local User Account to Family Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Convert Local User Account to Family Account: My son has a local account on his Windows 10 Pro computer with all sorts of customizations that he likes in place. I need to convert that account to a CHILD family account. I was able to change my administrative account to my ADULT family account but when I try to do the...
  9. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: I have my Windows 10 display language and input keyboard language set to Swedish. I work with Windows Directory Services alot and I want the display language of Active Directory to be different than my Windows Display Language. I want to set it to English. I have tried...
  10. Active Directory User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Directory User Account: Active Directory user account logs in fine on a computer that already have the user's profile but when the user logs in into a new computer that doesn't have a profile it gives user name and password incorrect. the new computer is added to the domain, and I have tried to...