Windows 10: Convert dual boot disk into single OS

Discus and support Convert dual boot disk into single OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings all. May I ask for a bit of sanity check please. I have a PC running two Windows 10 OS's on two separate partitions. Windows asks me which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tony359, Apr 9, 2019.

1. tony359 Win User

Convert dual boot disk into single OS

Greetings all.

May I ask for a bit of sanity check please.

I have a PC running two Windows 10 OS's on two separate partitions. Windows asks me which one I want to run when booting up.

I now want to remove one OS and recover its space.

If I understand correctly I need to:

- open MSCONFIG and remove the OS I do not want from the list of OS's.
    - Remove the unwanted partitions
    - Expand the main OS partition

My only concern is that I see three "small" partitions on the SSD and I just want to make sure I am not removing anything important.

I am attaching a screenshot of the available partitions. C: is the partition I want to keep and D: is the one I want to remove. Recovery must be a standard Windows one. What about the 99MB and the 474MB ones?

I'd appreciate your help on this! Thanks!

Convert dual boot disk into single OS [​IMG]

:)

tony359, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Converting a dual boot system disc to single boot

Hi Panagiotis,

Disk Management is a built-in tool in Windows 10 which helps you manage hard disk partitions without rebooting the system and any interruption. Some of the features of Windows 10 Disk Management are as follows:

• Create, delete and format partitions.
    • Change drive letter and paths.
    • Mark partition as active.
    • Explore partition to view files.
    • Extend and shrink partition.
    • Add mirror.
    • Initialize a brand new disk before you can use it.
    • Convert empty MBR to GPT disk, and vice versa.
    • Convert empty dynamic disk to basic disk.

To answer your question, once you have erased the Linux partition, the Boot Manager should not prompt you to choose which OS to be use in booting. Otherwise, we strongly suggest doing a Windows 10 clean install.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Jose Est, Apr 9, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Convert dual boot to single boot

Convert dual boot disk into single OS [​IMG]

fireberd, Apr 9, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Convert dual boot to single boot

Just delete the top two entries.

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Convert dual boot disk into single OS - Similar Threads - Convert dual boot

2. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  3. Dual Booting with Different OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Booting with Different OS: Hi, I have got a workstation with preinstalled windows 11. I want to work on some softwares which run on Linux. Would it be possible for me to install Linux in the same workstation without loosing the windows 11 ? With dual booting is there a chance of loosing licensing an...
  4. Changing dual boot Windows computer to single

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing dual boot Windows computer to single: W7/W10 dual boot computer My computer was initially a W7 machine. Besides System Reserved, there have been three partitions on the machine's single drive: 1) A primary partition with W7, program files, etc. 2) "My Stuff" (my documents and project files) 3) "Video" for my...
  5. Dual-Boots OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Boots OS: Hello, I am a Gamer Who is Having a Very Old PC bought at 2012 I am Using Windows 10, My PC Has 2GB RAM, and 2.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor. Windows 10 uses huge amount of ram, especially Windows Security Uses it. Normally, The Windows 10 Uses Half Of My RAM 47~60%...
  6. Dual boot Phoenix OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot Phoenix OS: Hi ! I have a HP 15 da0002tu notebook preinstalled Windows 10 . I need to dual boot windows and phoenix os. So I installed phoenix os to my harddrive from the exe installer. It installed successfully but when I turn on my laptop it keeps boot directly to windows 10 without...
  7. Convert dual boot to single boot

Convert dual boot to single boot: I currently have a dual boot (separate drives) of Win 10 Pro and the Win 10 Insider. I'm considering dropping the Insider and only having my production Win 10 Pro. I had the Insider versions to test my recording studio software and hardware but that is no longer necessary...
  8. Dual booting OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual booting OS: Hi, I would like to install dual booting windows 10, both OS in same hard disc. I would like to confirm that no issue to have partition C and D in both OS and no access from each other? Thanks, Ratna...
  9. Convert dual boot install to normal boot

Convert dual boot install to normal boot: After several weeks of testing I'm ready to go full on Windows 10 and want to get rid of Windows 7 but I have some partitioning issues I want to clean up. I currently have Windows 7 on drive 0 (360 GB) and Windows 10 on drive 1 (500 GB). Both are SATA drives and RAID is...
  10. Install older OS as dual boot?

Install older OS as dual boot?: I read on the MS help website that you cannot install older versions of windows as dualboot, however I am having issues playing the same games that I played on win8.1. Microsoft promised that Win10 would improve games, but some of the games I'm playing were rendered...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot into single boot software