Windows 10: Convert DVD to video file

Discus and support Convert DVD to video file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post. I had Costco convert a VHS to DVD, now I have all these files. Basically it's a DVD of 9 different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boehnc, Mar 1, 2021.

1. boehnc Win User

Convert DVD to video file

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post. I had Costco convert a VHS to DVD, now I have all these files. Basically it's a DVD of 9 different scenes. Any idea on how I can save into one video file so I can upload to Google drive? Thanks for any help.

Convert DVD to video file [​IMG]

:)

boehnc, Mar 1, 2021

2. Best Video Converter tool?

Hello,
    can anyone suggest me best video converter?
    some video arent being played in my TV/DVD player from pendrive so i want to convert them.

for mobile format conversion, i m using winx mobile video converter..

for other purpose, which converter i should use?

freebird_9924, Mar 1, 2021
  3. bootsha Win User
    Free DVD Converter (IFO)

There is an easy way to convert DVD to MP4.

After lots of trial and error I found a method to convert a DVD into MP4 using VLC player (Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN).

VLC player is a free all in one media player released under GPL, available for all most all platform.

Start the VLC player ->

1. Select "Open Disc" from the "File" menu (or do CTRL+D)

2. Select "DVD"

3. Click on "Stream/Save"

4. Click on "Settings" button

5. Click "File" from the "Outputs" list

6. Type or browse the file name to which you want to encode

7. Select "MP4" from the "Encapsulation Method"

8. Click "Video Codec" and Select "mp4v" from the drop down list

9. Select "2048" from the "Bitrate" drop down list

10. Click "Audio Codec" and Select "mp4a" from the drop down list

11. Select "128" from the "Bitrate" drop down list

12. Now in the "Target" (On the top of window) find scale=1, delete it and add width=640,height=480

13. Click OK

14. Click OK

Now it will start encoding the DVD in to mp4 file. After Completion just copy the file ( see step 5)to your N95 "My Videos" directory. you will now be able to view the video through the "Video Centre" menu item.

bootsha, Mar 1, 2021
  4. noyp_2 Win User

N95 --- VIDEO CONVERTION

hi! u have to convert the video file to mpg1 (vcd) or mpg2 (dvd), then burn it using nero as suggested or your favorite burning SW..

noyp_2, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Convert DVD to video file - Similar Threads - Convert DVD video

2. Convert MOD video files to MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MOD video files to MP4: I have windows 10 and my MOD video files will not play. It seems I need a converter to convert MOD video files to MP4’s.Can anyone recommend a converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mod-video-files-to-mp4/58b1bb4b-e2f1-4932-841e-f650ab159fa9
  3. Convert MOD video files to MP4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MOD video files to MP4: I have windows 10 and my MOD video files will not play. It seems I need a converter to convert MOD video files to MP4’s.Can anyone recommend a converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mod-video-files-to-mp4/58b1bb4b-e2f1-4932-841e-f650ab159fa9
  4. Video converter

Video converter: Please, I need some advice. I made a video with my digital camera, it is an AVI file. What is the best free online converter that will convert it to an MP4 file? Thank you so much in advance....
  5. Converting VOB video from DVD to MP4 for home videos

Converting VOB video from DVD to MP4 for home videos: Hi, I have a lot of home family videos taken over the years with my Sony DV Video Cassette camcorder which is obsolete now. I have burn all these videos into DVDs using Sony's Multi-Function DVD Recorder VRD-MC6 some years ago. I noted the video format in the DVDs are...
  6. Convert Video Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Video Files: Does windows 10 offer a service to convert and compress video files? Secondly if the answer is no how do I know if the service I download is legitimate? Thirdly if the answer is no can anyone recommend a service for someone who knows very little? Sorry for all the...
  7. Video is not converting

Video is not converting: Dear Microsoft I tried to add the videos in the Microsoft photo app but the videos are combined and it is not saving as a single video while trying to save into the local file and also the Mp3 song unable to merge into the video track. My computer photo app is up to...
  8. Having issues converting video to DVD

Having issues converting video to DVD: For more then a decade now my wife and I have been taking photo's and videos of our daughter. Not wanting to blindly have faith nothing will happen to the SD cards these files are stored on, I'm attempting at moving everything onto dvd. I was easily able to burn off the...
  9. Video Convertion

Video Convertion: Hello, I have several video clips mp4 format, 720 x 960 size. I am trying to resize them to 720 x 1280, bitrate and frame rate stay the same. To do this I use "Format Factory" and "VideoPad Video editor"(each at a time), in both I make all the settings and start the...
  10. Mp4 to DVD converter!

Mp4 to DVD converter!: Hello... Windows 10 Pro x 64, Amd-1090 T Cpu, 16 Gb's Ram... 6890 Gpu -2Gb,s Ram... I'm in need of a Mp4 to Dvd free converter and if possible with burner. I have been trying to find one for a while now but all the ones I find say free but they are just trial versions....