Windows 10: convert.exe stuck on "converting filesystem"

Discus and support convert.exe stuck on "converting filesystem" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I am using convert.exe to try to convert one of my disks to NTFS. I trusted the "your data is safe"-claim and didn't do a backup... Now, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SwagYolo, Jan 3, 2020.

1. SwagYolo Win User

convert.exe stuck on "converting filesystem"

Hi!

I am using convert.exe to try to convert one of my disks to NTFS.

I trusted the "your data is safe"-claim and didn't do a backup...

Now, it is stuck on "Converting filesystem" and has been for a while.

I can not access my drive anymore, Windows says "Access denied".

When I look at task manager, I see that "File system conversion utility" is open, but it says "Paused". It goes back to running for like half a second every now and then, but that's it.

convert.exe output:

convert D: /fs:ntfs

The type of the file system is FAT32.

Enter current volume label for drive D: EXTERN

The volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk

might report errors when no corruption is present.

Volume EXTERN created 2019-12-02 19:40

Volume Serial Number is 0500-17FF

Windows is verifying files and folders...

File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.

No further action is required.

976 513 920 KB total disk space.

17 952 KB in 193 hidden files.

766 464 KB in 23 770 folders.

100 737 056 KB in 218 583 files.

874 992 416 KB are available.

32 768 bytes in each allocation unit.

30 516 060 total allocation units on disk.

27 343 513 allocation units available on disk.

Determining disk space required for file system conversion...

Total disk space: 976752343 KB

Free space on volume: 874992416 KB

Space required for conversion: 1584664 KB

Converting file system

And then it is stuck. I don't care about FAT32 or NTFS right now. How can I access my data again?

:)

SwagYolo, Jan 3, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Converting .exe to .jar online

Hi Tyler

Jar files are Java files, ordinary exe files cannot be converted to jar files, because the original application would not have been coded in Java . .

Jar to exe can convert a jar file to an exe, by including the java runtime inside the exe file, that does not work the other way around . ..

What difficulty are you having running exe files on your PC?

DaveM121, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Convert .exe1 to .exe

Hello, i downloaded program and its in .exe1 but i need .exe in file called READ ME is written "please convert from .exe1 to .exe before use, thanks" but i dont know how to do it, please help

R0bertCZLP, Jan 3, 2020
  4. convert.exe stuck on "converting filesystem"

Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

convert.exe stuck on "converting filesystem"

1. convert.exe stuck on "converting filesystem" - Similar Threads - convert exe stuck

2. convert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    convert: I already have a account on pocket edition. can i use that account on windows 10 edition without having to pay for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert/8b754c79-f516-4d42-a11b-106f5c2d1995
  3. convert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    convert: I already have a account on pocket edition. can i use that account on windows 10 edition without having to pay for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert/8b754c79-f516-4d42-a11b-106f5c2d1995
  4. Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS: So this is an interesting story. I have an USB-Stick with 64gb space on it. I so far only used it for readyboost because i didnt really find an other use for it. But today, i wanted to set up an virtual machine and needed the usb-stick. I realized i had an windows backup on...
  5. Convert Bat to exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Bat to exe?: Is there a way to convert a batch file to exe but it is not detected as a trojan? Bat zu exe konvertieren?
  6. convert

in Windows 10 Customization
    convert: is there way to convert 10 to 7? 155090
  7. Looking to convert simple .batch to an .exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to convert simple .batch to an .exe: Ive searched and looked at several programs, but all websites look sketchy and dont appear to vet their files. Maybe I'm a little paranoid *Eek here asking for some recommendations. So....suggestions? 154741
  8. convert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert: I want to take a mp3 file and make it into a zip file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert/7586d9f1-70de-4971-8a66-5093ec242273
  9. Converting .exe to .jar online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting .exe to .jar online: I find it easier to run .jar than .exe on my computer but only ever find online .jar to .exe! If you know of an online .exe to .jar please put the link below! Thx! :)...
  10. Convert .exe1 to .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert .exe1 to .exe: Hello, i downloaded program and its in .exe1 but i need .exe in file called READ ME is written "please convert from .exe1 to .exe before use, thanks" but i dont know how to do it, please help...