Windows 10: Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

Discus and support Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, I have windows 10 pro and Microsoft office 365 installed at old computer. I planed to convert The HD to SSD and than The SSD will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AriefSulistyawan, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

Hi Microsoft,

I have windows 10 pro and Microsoft office 365 installed at old computer.

I planed to convert The HD to SSD and than The SSD will install to new computer.

What must step/procedure be followed to successfully the installation at new computer?

Thank you.

:)

AriefSulistyawan, Nov 23, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Installing and configuring SSD with HD

Hi,

My Desktop Computer specifications are as following:

Processor: AMD FX 8320, Motherboard: Asus M5A97,
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 16 GB (8*2), HD: 1TB WD Black,
    Graphics Card: 2GB Saphire 5450, SMPS: Cooler Master 650W,

For faster operation with multiple VMs, Nested VMs and other jobs, I am planning for using WD GREEN PC SSD 160GB with 1TB WD Black.

Currently computer is working fine with WD Black. Along with Windows 10 64-bit, all applications and VMs are installed in WD Black.

Before installing and configuring SSD with HD, please guide me as per my followings strategies;

• First of all I would like make SSD as a Primary Drive so that I can install Windows 10 64-bit, all applications (MS Office and other applications) and VMs in SSD only.
    • I would like to make WD Black as a Secondary Drive.
    • In case of any issues with SSD or as an optional, I would like to boot system with WD Black also so that I can do work in WD Black.

Please guide me as per above scenarios.

Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 23, 2019
  3. New build PC w/SSD and new HD + new Win10 Retail usb + old HD with Win10 oem

I was informed that I can not use my current copy of Win10 on my new build because it's OEM. Soooo, I bought ANOTHER copy of Win10 Retail on usb from the Microsoft Store.

Now my question:

I'll install the new copy of Win10 onto my new computer's SSD and will be set to boot from it. All my pics, files, music, etc is on my old HD (along with Win10 oem). Since I'll be booting from the SSD with the new copy of Win10, will it cause problems if
    I simply add the old HD to my new build, to access all my files? Or do I need to painstakingly transfer everything from it to the new HD through a usb?

I won't be able to run both computers at the same time because I'll be using the power supply from the old one.

Any suggestions?

MichaelDeJarnette, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

installed new SSD, Can't perform system reset (Failed to apply image)

My HD started to showed signs of going bad, so I installed a new Crucial mx500 SSD into my Dell 3464AIO. I put the old HD on a USB to SATA converter and attempted to perform a clone of the old HD to SSD. It looked like everything was going okay, screen
    showed 88% complete, but then I got this message "Failed to apply image". I performed a restart on the computer to see if it would reboot, it failed to find a system. So I removed the SSD and put it on the USB/SATA cable and plugged it into my MacBook, it
    shows that files were copied to the SSD.

I again installed the SSD to the Dell 3464AIO, and tried to perform a reset to original system. Again everything looked like it was going well until it got to 88%, at that point it again gave me the "Failed to apply image".

I was able to get into Dells recovery tools and ran the disk check, it showed "No problem found"

Does anybody have a suggestion for fixing this problem?

Thanks

1st.RAbbott, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

1. Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer - Similar Threads - Convert SSD install

2. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  3. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  4. Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT: Hi everyone, and hope you are all having a good day.I have a Dell Laptop which I recently installed a Kingston SSD into. I've been trying to change the drive from MBR to GPT for a few days now, and nothing seems to be working. I've tried running the command multiple times...
  5. Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT: Hi everyone, and hope you are all having a good day.I have a Dell Laptop which I recently installed a Kingston SSD into. I've been trying to change the drive from MBR to GPT for a few days now, and nothing seems to be working. I've tried running the command multiple times...
  6. Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting: Hi, I am having trouble with my computer. It’s an HP. I just had to replace the HDD with an SSD, downloaded windows 10 onto it from a USB, and everything works fine except for the fact that it randomly restarts without any warning. There is never a BSOD when it restarts, it...
  7. Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting: Hi, I am having trouble with my computer. It’s an HP. I just had to replace the HDD with an SSD, downloaded windows 10 onto it from a USB, and everything works fine except for the fact that it randomly restarts without any warning. There is never a BSOD when it restarts, it...
  8. Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. W10 installation on new HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 installation on new HD: I have an Acer Aspire S3 w hich has a failed hdd. I use it for travels and the odd use of two laptops at home. I wish to replace it with a new ssd drive. I do not have a image of W10 to utilize for reinstalling the the OS., nor can I axcess the the failed harddrive. How do...
  10. Installed 2nd internal HD SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed 2nd internal HD SSD: I've installed a 2nd HD in my Acer ATC-710, It is not recognized by Windows 10. Help please. Doug Reed *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-2nd-internal-hd-ssd/00451f62-2c60-45b8-90c5-0a5564e3a3c1