Windows 10: Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

Discus and support Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes. I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ukajar, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Ukajar Win User

Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

Hi,

Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes.

I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed that I would require a Sata type enclosure in order to use it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and have heard it can be converted to take the Sata type external drive. So before going ahead and buying a new drive I am wondering if this is true as it may be a cheaper option.

Any advice appreciated.

:)

Ukajar, Aug 20, 2018

2. Problem in transferring Data to HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit

Hello all, I recently purchased a HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit for the purpose of retrieving data from my old laptop that has died. I received the package, followed directions, plugged it in, with two USB ports, then nothing happened. I could hear that
    the disk in the enclosure was spinning, however, nothing appeared on the screen. I even went into Device Manager and looked under installed hardware and it was not listed. I even tried to reset my pc and have the enclosure plugged in during the reinstallation
    process. Subsequently, I had to return the hardware enclosure. Does anyone have an idea why this particular device would not work in Windows 10? Thank you

ThomasGallagher_66, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Problem in transferring Data to HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit

Hello,

There could be many reasons for this issue.

• Could be because of corrupted or outdated USB drivers.
    • Could be problem with HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit.
    • Might have occurred due to third party application conflicts.
    • Might be because of third party applications installed on your system.
    Initially, you may check if the same issue occurs with other PC as well. If not, try to update or reinstall USB drivers and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

OzzmanFloyd120, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

1. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD. - Similar Threads - Convert IDE enclosure

2. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  3. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  4. sata power and sata 3

sata power and sata 3: i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im looking for? Sata 3 2.5 inches. https://imgur.com/5DFguai...
  5. Connected SATA with IDE Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected SATA with IDE Settings: I have G4117L0D bios Zebronics ZEB G41 D3 motherboard in my PC I have connected 2 HDD, both have 6GB/s capability (SATA 3) BIOS has options of SATA type as IDE, AHCI, RAID. In IDE there are 2 options, Before PATA and Behind PATA. In AHCI there are again the same options...
  6. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  7. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  8. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.: Hi, Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes. I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed that I would require a Sata type enclosure in order to use it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and have heard it can be...
  9. HDD not working with Enclosure

HDD not working with Enclosure: I had an old laptop that wouldn't boot, so someone replaced my HDD and gave me the bad one back. They didn't explain what was wrong with it. A few months ago I bought and enclosure (ORICO 2588US3) to use the HDD with my current PC running Windows 10. When I plug it in, it...
  10. Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge

Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge: Hi! I recently tried to use this device which worked on Windows 7 Professional before upgrading to 10. I found that the USB2 device fluctuated from appearing in Device Manager. Also the SATA drive appeared as named device, then Local drive or disappeared completely. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to convert a IED enclosure to SATA