Windows 10: Convert local one note for 2016 to onedrive and access my the onenote app on my mac

Discus and support Convert local one note for 2016 to onedrive and access my the onenote app on my mac in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I move my OneNote 2016 files stored locally on my PC and make them accessible to my OneNote app on my Mac... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scheuring, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Scheuring Win User

Convert local one note for 2016 to onedrive and access my the onenote app on my mac

How do I move my OneNote 2016 files stored locally on my PC and make them accessible to my OneNote app on my Mac

:)

Scheuring, Nov 8, 2019
  2. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Nov 8, 2019
  3. Storing Onenote notes locally?

When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection. Is there a way to do similar in Onenote? I am using Onenote 2016 (the free one).

rafikiphoto, Nov 8, 2019
  4. jdeacon Win User

Convert local one note for 2016 to onedrive and access my the onenote app on my mac

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

Got it! There's one more step. For the notebook you've chosen for your Quick Notes as described by paulsalter, make sure that that notebook (on each device if you've tablet and PC like me) is syncing to OneDrive, if that's where you keep your OneNote work, as I do.

I wouldn't know how to do that except that OneNote popped up a ribbon telling me the chosen Quick Notes notebook wasn't synced to OneDrive and would I like it to be?

jdeacon, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Convert local one note for 2016 to onedrive and access my the onenote app on my mac - Similar Threads - Convert local note

2. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2016: Hi I've been using the print > "send to onenote desktop" to import pdfs into my OneNote 2016. It was working great for a while, but this morning, it wouldn't import the document so I tried cancelling the document in the printer queue. It wouldn't cancel so I ended up...
  3. Converting OneNote 2016 shared workbooks so that they open on Windows 10 Onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting OneNote 2016 shared workbooks so that they open on Windows 10 Onenote: I work for local government. Previously we used onenote 2016 to access multiple shared notebooks, however new members of staff with rebuilt surface pros no longer have onenote 2016 and we have been told we are not permitted to reinstall OneNote 2016. Therefore we need to...
  4. One Note 2016 no longer syncs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Note 2016 no longer syncs: I frequently use One Note to type stuff, like shopping lists, on my desktop and then be able to look at it on my phone. However, now the desktop info is no longer updating to either the web version I can access via Office website, or to my phone. I am seeing no error message...
  5. One Note 2016 no longer syncs

in Windows 10 Support
    One Note 2016 no longer syncs: I frequently use One Note to type stuff, like shopping lists, on my desktop and then be able to look at it on my phone. However, now the desktop info is no longer updating to either the web version I can access via Office website, or to my phone. I am seeing no error message...
  6. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote 2016: Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get OneNote 2016 to start normally please advise. Thank you jmf...
  7. OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive: Hello. I am trying to repurpose my wife's old all-in-one for our middle schooler. I am trying to copy the files from her OneDrive to an external hard drive. OneDrive went through the whole copy process and didn't copy a single file directly to the external drive. So I...
  8. Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall: Hi I have both on my computers running W10 and office 365. Happy with the new OneNote but would like to uninstall OneNote 2016 as it confuses matters. Can I do so without losing any data (notes)? I understand that OneNote 2016 stores notes on the local hard drive but will...
  9. Storing Onenote notes locally?

Storing Onenote notes locally?: When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection. Is there a way to do similar in Onenote? I am using Onenote 2016 (the free one). 104451
  10. OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

OneNote app and desktop and quick notes: I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus and getting straight into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to convert onenote 2016 to onenote app