Windows 10: convert MBR to GPT disk

Discus and support convert MBR to GPT disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by {-}ARIOM MAKWANA, Nov 18, 2018.

1. convert MBR to GPT disk

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
    Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B
    Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
    Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B

DISKPART> select disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ### Type Size Offset
    ------------- ---------------- ------- -------
    Partition 1 Primary 549 MB 1024 KB
    Partition 2 Primary 151 GB 550 MB
    Partition 3 Primary 152 GB 152 GB
    Partition 4 Primary 161 GB 304 GB

DISKPART> select partition 2

Partition 2 is now the selected partition.

DISKPART> clean

Virtual Disk Service error:
    Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot,

system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.

I am having above highlighted error while converting MBR to GPT disk .

please get me the solution.

:)

{-}ARIOM MAKWANA, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Smittychat., Nov 18, 2018
  3. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Nov 18, 2018
  4. convert MBR to GPT disk

Converting a MBR disk to a GPT disk

This BS Microsoft stop forcing us to convert from MBR to GPT

-> The MBR scheme will work for disks up to 2 TBytes.

I don't care whether it might boot up quicker

-> MS does not claim that GPT boots up faster than MBR.

Frederik Long, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

convert MBR to GPT disk

1. convert MBR to GPT disk - Similar Threads - convert MBR GPT

2. How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?: Hi,I need to convert my system disk to GPT without losing data or reinstalling windows 10.So I can convert my system from legacy BIOS to UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-system-mbr-disk-to-gpt-disk/e5c6c129-e5c7-49c0-bb2f-979136b58b36
  3. How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?: Hi,I need to convert my system disk to GPT without losing data or reinstalling windows 10.So I can convert my system from legacy BIOS to UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-system-mbr-disk-to-gpt-disk/e5c6c129-e5c7-49c0-bb2f-979136b58b36
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  5. Convert MBR to GPT!

Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  6. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  8. Convert GPT to MBR

Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  9. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk: why does windows 10 32 bit(x86) clean install as mbr when i pre-format the hard drive as gpt? is there a solution or is that the default and only option for installation? i've contacted asus who makes my motherboard to check for uefi details and everything i can think of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diskpart status gpt mbr