Windows 10: Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.

Discus and support Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have a mid-2011 iMac with which I am dual booting windows 10 and macOS high sierra. Since it is not compatible with bootcamp, I made a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasperJain, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.

Hello!

I have a mid-2011 iMac with which I am dual booting windows 10 and macOS high sierra. Since it is not compatible with bootcamp, I made a bootable usb drive and used that instead. This all worked very well except for that Windows does not recognize my sound card. I have tried to fix this for hours and hours, but eventually read that the iMac must be in legacy BIOS for this to work. Looking at some answers on the internet, every way to change the computer from UEFI to Legacy BIOS I found has confused me and would risk my hard drive getting wiped.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone had a relatively simple way to do this and could lay it out very clearly for me as I am not that knowledgeable with how all of these boot systems work.

I cannot put my Mac partition at risk but am willing to delete my Windows one and install Windows again if necessary.

Thank you so much for helping!

P.S. I am not sure whether I should have posted this on the Apple or Microsoft forums but hopefully this will work.

:)

JasperJain, Sep 7, 2019

2. BSOD on mid-2011 imac running Windows.

After installing Windows on a mid-2011 imac using a USB boot drive (the imac is too old for Bootcamp), I get a system_thread_exception_not_handled error with a BSOD.

I can try to provide more information if needed but I am not sure what is relevant.

Thank you so much for your help.

JasperJain, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Is there a way to convert my existing installed Windows 10 Legacy bios to UEFI?

Hi guys, is there a way to convert my OS's Legacy BIOS to UEFI? Reason for this absurdity is I want to dual boot Ubuntu 15 and whenever I disable the EFI setting in my BIOS my usb installer is not detected (obviously). I've searched about it and it leads
    me to this article Converting Windows BIOS installation to UEFI - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki I just want to know if there are other steps before I follow the article. Thanks in advance.

I wanted to use a VM but my rig can't handle such.

bon2x060391, Sep 7, 2019
  4. dac81048 Win User

Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.

Problem Regarding Bios Change from UEFI to Legacy

I have hp pavilion p045tx with windows 10 pro. I recently install Ubuntu with windows 10 so for that I convert my bios setting from UEFI to Legacy mode for install third party software like wireless Driver and all in Ubuntu.
    But after every restart the bios setting change to default and that is to UEFI mode and that will cause an problem of no OS detect. Every time I have to go to bios setting and enable the legacy mode to start my OS. Can anyone suggest me what to do in this
    case.

dac81048, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.

1. Convert Mid-2011 iMac from UEFI to Legacy BIOS. - Similar Threads - Convert Mid 2011

2. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  3. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  4. Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS: Hello,First time posting here. I want to change from LEGACY to UEFI, I'm thinking:Will the computer be able to boot?I use it regularly, and I hope it works after this changover!I am not a computer geek. But I do know how to get into BIOS.Thanks...
  5. iMac mid-2011 as a 2nd monitor use software?

iMac mid-2011 as a 2nd monitor use software?: Hello, i recently got an old iMac 2011 and since i already have a very good PC i would like to use it as a monitor. Is there any software that allows me to use the iMac as a monitor for a Windows PC. Hardware-wise it does not work, because my GraKa has no Thunderbolt...
  6. how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?

how to change from uefi to LEGACY BIOS on imac 2011 with windows 10?: I have windows 10 on my mid 2011 imac 21.5" computer. Every driver is working perfectly except for the sound drivers. I am told that the reason for this is because i downloaded windows through a efiboot, instead of a bios boot. I was wondering how i can change my boot from...
  7. BSOD on mid-2011 imac running Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on mid-2011 imac running Windows.: After installing Windows on a mid-2011 imac using a USB boot drive (the imac is too old for Bootcamp), I get a system_thread_exception_not_handled error with a BSOD. I can try to provide more information if needed but I am not sure what is relevant. Thank you so much for...
  8. No sound on iMac mid 2011 windows 10

No sound on iMac mid 2011 windows 10: I have windows 10 on a imac mid 2011 i have installed the bootcamp software and countless other drivers but still no sound is outputting. Its telling me that amd hd not plugged in, error code 10. The only way i can hear sound is through my ps4 controller but some applications...
  9. Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install: I know to convert legacy bios to uefi using mbr2gpt IF the legacy bios has a separate system partition but it does not work for old fashioned legacy bios installs where there is not a separate partition. I also know how to do it the older way with Macrium Reflect i.e. image...
  10. Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install: I know to convert legacy bios to uefi using mbr2gpt IF the legacy bios has a separate system partition but it does not work for old fashioned legacy bios installs where there is not a separate partition. I also know how to do it the older way with Macrium Reflect i.e. image...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cambiar modo uefi a legacy imac

2. imac 2011 windows 10 sound

3. switch from uefi to legacy imac

4. convert mid 2011 imac from uefi,
  5. legacy uefi boot imac