Windows 10: convert partition

Discus and support convert partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi friend pleas can you tell me about convertion of primary partition to logical partition my pc Acer win 10 thank's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mostafaattoussi, Feb 20, 2020.

1. convert partition

hi friend

pleas can you tell me about convertion of primary partition to logical partition

my pc Acer win 10

thank's

:)

mostafaattoussi, Feb 20, 2020

2. How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below steps to convert the RAW partition to NTFS partition.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• At the command prompt, type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs, where drive_letter is the letter of the drive you want to convert, and then press Enter. For example,
      convert E: /fs:ntfs would convert drive E to the NTFS format.

• Type the name of the volume you want to convert, and then press Enter. You must use the existing name of the volume or the conversion will be canceled. You can view all available volumes in the
      Computer folder under Hard Disk Drives
    Notes: After you convert a partition to NTFS, you cannot convert it back. If you want to use the FAT file system on the partition again, you will need to reformat the partition, which erases all data on it.

Although the chance of corruption or data loss during a conversion is minimal, you should back up all data on the partition before you begin.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Smittychat., Feb 20, 2020
  4. tf2029 Win User

convert partition

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

convert partition

1. convert partition - Similar Threads - convert partition

2. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  3. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  4. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  6. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  7. How can I rebuild SYSTEM Partition and convert from MBR to GPT before upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I rebuild SYSTEM Partition and convert from MBR to GPT before upgrading to Windows 11: I have spent a week trying to get my to where I could upgrade to Windows 11.I had crreated my windows 10 page file on a separate disk to avoid paging writes to my SSD drive. In doing so, I lost the drive where the page file was located. As it turned out, the SYSTEM partition...
  8. How can I rebuild SYSTEM Partition and convert from MBR to GPT before upgrading to Windows 11

How can I rebuild SYSTEM Partition and convert from MBR to GPT before upgrading to Windows 11: I have spent a week trying to get my to where I could upgrade to Windows 11.I had crreated my windows 10 page file on a separate disk to avoid paging writes to my SSD drive. In doing so, I lost the drive where the page file was located. As it turned out, the SYSTEM partition...
  9. How can I rebuild SYSTEM Partition and convert from MBR to GPT before upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to convert a 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit on a dual boot partition with another version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to convert a 32 bit windows 10 to 64 bit on a dual boot partition with another version...: I have windows 10 32 bit dual boot with windows xp 32 bit Xp is on c drive10-32 is on f drive and I want to convert win 10 to 64 bit without loosing data...