Windows 10: Convert physical media purchases to digital media for pc gaming

Discus and support Convert physical media purchases to digital media for pc gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a bunch of older "Games for Windows" physical media games I purchased long ago. Is there a way to transfer them to digital content for pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rongonzo, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Rongonzo Win User

Convert physical media purchases to digital media for pc gaming

I have a bunch of older "Games for Windows" physical media games I purchased long ago. Is there a way to transfer them to digital content for pc gaming? I own all of the games and have the original keys/disks but I have never bothered to keep the receipts. It is my hope that I can use some kind of platform somewhat like Steam/Uplay/Origin to plays these made for Windows games like Crysis Warhead or Fallout 3, etc..

:)

Rongonzo, Dec 14, 2019

2. Media Cloud on Intranet

Killer_Rubber_Ducky,
    Just to recap after talking with you....
    The school is a private school funded 100% by donations so money is tight (isn't it with everyone?) which is why you are looking for a solutions (or combination) to build this...

Existing hardware includes:
    • 10gbps fiber network backbone to all buildings
    • 20 buildings in plan for media distribution (equal to 20 managed switches)
    • 100 mbps inside all buildings from 1gbps fiber ports through managed switches
    • 15 Servers - Windows, VmWare, & Linux (Linux for web servers, LDAP, Radius, and Wireless Controller). Linux builds installed on virtual machines with vmware ESXi.
    Media to be distributed:
    • Existing media converted to digital (CDs, DVDs, VHS, etc....)
    • Any new digital media purchased (or licensed) by the school
    • Pictures
    • Documents (viewing only)
    • Streaming (Netflix, Pandora, etc....) NOTE: Access to this needs to be controlled on a user basis. Students should not have free access at all times...
    Design intent:
    • Client Side Experience:
      • Controller (perhaps touch screen device) provides access to the media and controls what is played and where it is played (locally on the controller as a preview or on the Monitor).
      • Monitor - (LCD TV / or other connected via IP on network or to controller?)
      • User Authentication required (to access the media library) looking to Active Directory (LDAP) for permissions.
    • Server Side Experience:
      • Manage All Client Devices (Add, Remove, Schedule, IP Assignments, etc...)
      • Client Statistics (see history, current, and other statistical data)
      • Media Management (Add, Delete, Approve, other)
      • User Accounts (This is for the management of this media system only. Access is controlled by Active Directory permissions and provided through LDAP).
    Your mention of the "cloud" only implies the physical concept for the media server using vmware (or other virtualization app) to host a Server image and manage data thru-put. Right? Since the school is exploring a purchase of a new server loaded with RAM - This may be a good idea...Any throughts from anyone else?

Did I leave anything out?

candlemaker, Dec 14, 2019
  3. david-e Win User
    Digital media device

Thanks for replying with these suggestions. I'm out of town till next week so will try them then and post what happens.

I have already checked Device Manager, and the speakers are listed as Digital Media devices and are not in the Audio inputs and outputs, nor the Sound, Video, Game Controller groupings.

david-e, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Costless Media Centre PC!

link in my sig has all the details, go read there.

while the link mentions windows 7, it has step by step guides for setting up MPC-HC (media player classic home cinema) for the best performance on weaker media PC's

Mussels, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Convert physical media purchases to digital media for pc gaming - Similar Threads - Convert physical media

2. Clean install using previously purchased physical media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install using previously purchased physical media: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 11 Pro on physical media approximately 2 years ago. Version is 21H2. I need to do a clean install. Can I use the physical media I own and update to 23H2 via normal Windows Update?...
  3. Clean install using previously purchased physical media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install using previously purchased physical media: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 11 Pro on physical media approximately 2 years ago. Version is 21H2. I need to do a clean install. Can I use the physical media I own and update to 23H2 via normal Windows Update?...
  4. PC crashes when starts game or media encoding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes when starts game or media encoding: 3rd party software bluescreenview shows ntoskrnl.exe underlined red. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it went fine. Ran System File Checker that fixed some files but w/out result. Ran windows update also. After all of that tried driver verifier and pc crashed during...
  5. zoom recordings are not getting converted in Windows Media pLayer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zoom recordings are not getting converted in Windows Media pLayer: my recordings in zoom when get stored ask me to convert. When i use Windows media player, it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-recordings-are-not-getting-converted-in/b95cb9b4-5d8e-41fc-9c25-0203cee9e210
  6. Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries: Hi folks, I have THREE different Media Creation Tools - one from August 2016, one from August 2018 (labelled 1803) and one from August 2019 (labelled 1903). Does it matter which tool I run in order to get a backup copy of Windows 10? In other words, when I run the tool,...
  7. How to remove Media Converter Promo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Media Converter Promo: I need some help removing this program(?) from my parents computers. What it does is put popups in their web browser that bypasses ad-block software. Avast doesn't seem to think its a virus, doesn't see it in normal or boot-time scans, and I can't find it in "Uninstall a...
  8. Digital media device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Digital media device: I have just purchased a pair of KEF LS50W wireless speakers. I have successfully connected them to my home WiFi network, and can use the KEF Stream app to access and play music files on my desktop PC. But what I cannot do is connect to the speakers from my PC. They are...
  9. Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3: I have a lot of old wma music files from an older computer that died years ago. I moved the files to my new computer but I am unable to convert them to mp3 files because of wma license on the previous computer. If I am success they will not play on what ever device I put...
  10. Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard, Mode; 1031

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard, Mode; 1031: I need software and drivers to reinstall this keyboard. The "My Favorites" buttons stopped working. Everything else still works fine on the keyboard....