Windows 10: Convert SSD from MBR to GPT on Lenovo T450S laptop

Discus and support Convert SSD from MBR to GPT on Lenovo T450S laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my grandson recently sent me his LENOVO T450S laptop that would not boot. I quickly realized the spinner HDD was bad and installed a 120 GB Toshiba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jm44jg39, Feb 17, 2021.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Convert SSD from MBR to GPT on Lenovo T450S laptop

Hi, my grandson recently sent me his LENOVO T450S laptop that would not boot. I quickly realized the spinner HDD was bad and installed a 120 GB Toshiba SSD. Since this was a new SSD to the T450S I used the "Media Creation Tool" to down load and install Windows 10 Pro and this was activated. The install of Win 10 went fine and booted right up. I then discovered that the T450S had a small 15 GB M.2 SSD. The W10 installed on the new SSD as a MBR drive. The 15 GB is also a MBR SSD with a "System Reserved" partition.
    I would like to change the Toshiba SSD to a GPT as well as the 15 GB M.2 SSD. I don't care if all data/my files are deleted as I can install Win 10 again using the Media Creation Tool. I attempted this conversion using the Aomei Partition software but was warned that doing this MBR to GPT would make the T450S unbootable.
    Is there a solution to this situation?

PS
    All drivers and Windows 10 and the BIOS have been updated. And I have made a Reflect image backup on a USB. I also have backed to a separate USB any misc. files.

:)

jm44jg39, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Smittychat., Feb 17, 2021
  3. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Convert SSD from MBR to GPT on Lenovo T450S laptop

Smittychat., Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Convert SSD from MBR to GPT on Lenovo T450S laptop

1. Convert SSD from MBR to GPT on Lenovo T450S laptop - Similar Threads - Convert SSD MBR

2. Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR": Hello y'all i just wanted to ask if there is any kind of way to convert your ssd format from "GPT" to "MBR" safely without losing any data? i would appreciate anybody who can answer me....
  3. Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR": Hello y'all i just wanted to ask if there is any kind of way to convert your ssd format from "GPT" to "MBR" safely without losing any data? i would appreciate anybody who can answer me....
  4. Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT: Hi everyone, and hope you are all having a good day.I have a Dell Laptop which I recently installed a Kingston SSD into. I've been trying to change the drive from MBR to GPT for a few days now, and nothing seems to be working. I've tried running the command multiple times...
  6. Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT

Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT: Hi everyone, and hope you are all having a good day.I have a Dell Laptop which I recently installed a Kingston SSD into. I've been trying to change the drive from MBR to GPT for a few days now, and nothing seems to be working. I've tried running the command multiple times...
  7. Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  9. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  10. Convert GPT to MBR

Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change Lenovo laptop hadrive from GPT format