Windows 10: Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation

Discus and support Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Ideapad 330s with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed out of box in UEFI mode and GPT partition style . i tried to boot Windows 7 64 bit GPT style... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NilayGala, Apr 30, 2020.

1. NilayGala Win User

Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation

I have Ideapad 330s with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed out of box in UEFI mode and GPT partition style .

i tried to boot Windows 7 64 bit GPT style via Bootable USB but it shows an error0x000000d : an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data .

do need to convert UEFI mode to Legacy ?

and the partition style from GPT to MBR ?

i don't know how to proceed with Windows 7 installation.

Please Help.

:)

NilayGala, Apr 30, 2020

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Apr 30, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation

UEFI install vs legacy install

I don't think I can enable CSM for my motherboard without running into errors eventually, it just does not seem to like having uefi with csm on strangely. So everything went smoothly for your uefi install with CSM? By now I would thought uefi and uefi drivers would be the default option and legacy bios have its death but it does not seem like it.

Edit : Is this shown Uefi on your windows?

Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation [​IMG]

MIRTAZAPINE, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation

1. Convert UEFI to Legacy for Windows 7 installation - Similar Threads - Convert UEFI Legacy

2. How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?: HelloIm in the midst of trying to upgrade to windows 11 although my system drive is already gpt all the vidios I've watched use the mbr2gpt command where as I cannot use as mine is already gpt I converted it from mbr to gpt using EaseUs now when I try to boot from Uefi from...
  3. How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?: HelloIm in the midst of trying to upgrade to windows 11 although my system drive is already gpt all the vidios I've watched use the mbr2gpt command where as I cannot use as mine is already gpt I converted it from mbr to gpt using EaseUs now when I try to boot from Uefi from...
  4. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  5. Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI

Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI: Convert an existing Windows 10 Installation from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without using 3rd party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/d58e3a80-2d7b-46d5-af56-1fc7958ac53c
  6. how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware

how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware: is to safe to convert legacy to UEFI?i want to convert because of the windows 11 system requirement,how to convert it without data loss and without reinstalling os.help me to get rid out of this!!!...
  7. how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware: is to safe to convert legacy to UEFI?i want to convert because of the windows 11 system requirement,how to convert it without data loss and without reinstalling os.help me to get rid out of this!!!...
  8. how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install: I know to convert legacy bios to uefi using mbr2gpt IF the legacy bios has a separate system partition but it does not work for old fashioned legacy bios installs where there is not a separate partition. I also know how to do it the older way with Macrium Reflect i.e. image...
  10. Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install: I know to convert legacy bios to uefi using mbr2gpt IF the legacy bios has a separate system partition but it does not work for old fashioned legacy bios installs where there is not a separate partition. I also know how to do it the older way with Macrium Reflect i.e. image...