Windows 10: Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License

Discus and support Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello to all, I have a general question. Is possible to convert or upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License? I purchased my new laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Norbou, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Norbou Win User

Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License

Hello to all,
    I have a general question.

Is possible to convert or upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License?

I purchased my new laptop with Windows 10 Home. How can I upgrade PRO it with Volume License Key without reinstalling the system and programs? I have legal academic VLSC agreement and keys.

I have found this tutorial, but I want to ask you, if it is correct and official way:
    How to Convert OEM to Volume License | It Still Works

I have found this related post:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-839996b40d47

You may NOT legally upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the volume licenses. The only organizations that may do this are academic and nonprofit. Commercial and government can only use volume license SKUs to upgrade from previous business class (Pro, enterprise, etc...) operating systems.

But how? When I do Change product key, system say that is not valid. I am sure that is valid.

I have filled my system configuration in my profile, if necessary.

Thank you,
    Jiri

:)

Norbou, Jun 21, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10, now it turned into volume license and not OEM

Original title: Windows activation

I have a windows tablet. It was running windows 8.1 pro i upgraded it to windows 10 version 1511 using iso. After installation it turned into volume license not oem and it willexpire in 4 august 2016 . How it is possible from oem license to volume license.

samanyu127, Jun 21, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

Windows 10 Pro Retail or OEM or Volume License

Hi Raju,

This is an interesting topic. If the last three letters of your Product ID ends with
    OEM, then your license was issued by manufacturer. These type of licenses cannot be transferred to another computer because it is tied up with the device itself. Otherwise, if it doesn't end with OEM, your copy of Windows is from a retail merchant.
    These licenses can be transferred to another computer. Unless your device was issued by your company, or from an organization, then it could have been activated under Volume licensing.

To be sure, check the type of license you that you have by following these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type slmgr -dli and press Enter.
    • It will show you a pop up box telling you what type of license you are using.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Ado, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License - Similar Threads - Convert upgrade preinstalled

2. Volume License vs OEM License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Volume License vs OEM License: Hi Team,In my organization, We have volume licence for my windows clients, Windows 10 enterprise, Pro, Etc.. > Can i a buy a bare metal laptop from vendor and use my company image and key to activate my laptop>Or do i need to buy device with operating system. >Is it mandatory...
  3. Volume License vs OEM License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume License vs OEM License: Hi Team,In my organization, We have volume licence for my windows clients, Windows 10 enterprise, Pro, Etc.. > Can i a buy a bare metal laptop from vendor and use my company image and key to activate my laptop>Or do i need to buy device with operating system. >Is it mandatory...
  4. Volume License vs OEM License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows volume upgrade license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows volume upgrade license key: Dear Team,Windows volume upgrade license key generation Thanks & Regards,Syed FerozCell +97334565219 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-volume-upgrade-license-key/dd2683e0-fbe5-463f-82bb-9b9074a27687
  6. Motherboard upgrade and OEM License

Motherboard upgrade and OEM License: I plan on upgrading my motherboard but worried that I have to buy Windows 10 again due to my license being an OEM. Is there a way to transfer that license to a new motherboard?...
  7. For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...

For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...: For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition can be prurchased or not for complaince point of view ? Hi Team We have purchased refubished laptops that comes with pre installed OEM windows 10 pro and windows 7 pro. when we...
  8. Upgraded OEM preinstalled windows 10 home to windows 10 pro.

Upgraded OEM preinstalled windows 10 home to windows 10 pro.: I received an unused Windows 10 pro product key from a friend and used it to upgrade my OEM machine from Windows 10 Home that was preinstalled on it to Windows 10 Pro a few minutes ago. Will I face any issue if someone else knows my product key? Am I able to return to my...
  9. Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation on running an OEM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license.: Dear MS, We have a lot computer have EM preinstalled Windows 8/8.1 license and when we installed Windows 10 so we got automatically detect the product key and Activate automatically (refer link below) Those computer will still in use for 1 or 2 years more. May I know the...
  10. Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume: How to: Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume How to Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume When it comes to purchasing licenses for Windows there are a number of different channels that you can purchase through. The most...