Windows 10: Convert Win2GO back to running from INTERNAL HDD again

Discus and support Convert Win2GO back to running from INTERNAL HDD again in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks This is much easier than it looks -- simply from the WIN2GO system you've created from your VM and a bootable current Windows ISO boot the iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 30, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Convert Win2GO back to running from INTERNAL HDD again

Hi folks This is much easier than it looks -- simply from the WIN2GO system you've created from your VM and a bootable current Windows ISO boot the iso and get into command mode (repair system--> etc etc). Then capture image from the bootable Win2GO system via /dism, fix the bootloader via bcd/boot or boot macrium stand alone (easier) and fix boot problems. Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 30, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks
    This is much easier than it looks -- simply from the WIN2GO system you've created from your VM and a bootable current Windows ISO boot the iso and get into command mode (repair system--> etc etc). Then capture image from the bootable Win2GO system via /dism, fix the bootloader via bcd/boot or boot macrium stand alone (easier) and fix boot problems.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 30, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO

Hi folks
    W2K19 server (I'm using Datacentre edition) can be converted to a physical system from a Virtual KVM/QEMU system and then run as Win2Go on external USB device.

Needs a little different treatment. I'll assume you've already created your server to behave as a workstation - if you don't do this then you get all sorts of nags when starting / stopping server etc etc

1) download trial of Macrium (Server edition) -- 30 days free trial --you need this when we come to the "Repair Windows Boot problems - it needs to recognize Windows server edition.

2) create a bootable stand alone device recovery media -- create iso and use rufus to make bootable USB stick.

(1 and 2 can be done on a standard Windows PC or on the Windows VM).

3) Create the image of your Windows server with the server edition of Macrium.

4) Restore to target USB HDD / SSD

5) on the REAL machine ensure you have a Windows 10 pro system / W10 Enterprise -- you need this to update the drivers once your WintoGo system boots. Don't Connect yet though !!!!!!

6) Boot the stand alone recovery Macrium server edition created in step 2)

7) Now do the "Fix Windows boot problems " you should see a Windows server edition as the Windows to fix and ensure you choose the right Disk as the target boot !!!

8) boot the Windows server USB you've created -- it will do various things and should then boot

9) go into the Device manager and against all the devices with ? or unknown device do update driner from computer - and use a current Windows 10 running system disk (not a VM) as the driverstore to update your drivers.

Mostly they will be found - if you have any oddments they probably don't matter or you can update manually.

Activate with your serial or whatever.

Have fun.

I haven't tried this yet with the W2K22 server trial version yet -- there's still too many base problems with it as it is -- however you could install this on a physical machine to make a copy of its driver store, then install your VM to make all the mods etc you want and then convert to run as a Win2GO system as above.

I'd be interested if anybody has got Win2GO systems working via V2P conversionfrom Virtual box, HYPER-V or VMWare VM's

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 30, 2021
  4. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Convert Win2GO back to running from INTERNAL HDD again - Similar Threads - Convert Win2GO running

2. External disk converted back to internal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External disk converted back to internal: Running Windows 10New computerIn my prior PC, I had a E: Drive as an internal drive.While setting up my new PC, I temporarily used the HD as an external USB drive.To my recollection, no changes were made to the disk.When I installed the HD as an internal drive today, it is...
  3. External disk converted back to internal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External disk converted back to internal: Running Windows 10New computerIn my prior PC, I had a E: Drive as an internal drive.While setting up my new PC, I temporarily used the HD as an external USB drive.To my recollection, no changes were made to the disk.When I installed the HD as an internal drive today, it is...
  4. External disk converted back to internal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD randomly disappeared from system (back again after restart)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD randomly disappeared from system (back again after restart): Good day I am running windows version 21H1 (OS Build 1904.1151) My 1TB HDD all of a sudden just disappeared while working in windows. At the time i had just finished installing World War Z - think i played for about 5 minutes when i had a CTD. Thought nothing about it - went...
  6. Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO: Hi folks W2K19 server (I'm using Datacentre edition) can be converted to a physical system from a Virtual KVM/QEMU system and then run as Win2Go on external USB device. Needs a little different treatment. I'll assume you've already created your server to behave as a...
  7. How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to transfer big data from internal HDD laptop running to another?: How to transfer large number of data from internal HDD of laptop running windows 10 to another, the most efficiently? Could someone guide me visually in short yet very useful, helpful, detailed complete tutorial? And which connector / cable used to transfer between 2 internal...
  8. Internal SATA HDD's - convert to NAS storage --any ideas

Internal SATA HDD's - convert to NAS storage --any ideas: Hi there I've about 4 SATA HDD's that I've removed from computers that I've junked -- all SATA about 12 TB. Is it possible to build an enclosure and create a NAS drive -- I can easily make external USB drives but I think a NAS storage system would be better. Any ideas of...
  9. Run computer on external HDD to RAID two internal HDD

Run computer on external HDD to RAID two internal HDD: Hey guys, I'm new to ten forums but I've been on seven forums for a while but upgraded. Here is my issue I want to mirror one of my internal HDDs to my external HDD. Then I want to run my computer off of the external HDD so I can RAID my only two internal HDDs. Then...
  10. Internal HDD

Internal HDD: Hi All.I have a Zoostorm desktop had it at the end of last year. It has a SSD & a Second hdd ''spinner''.All is working well the only issue is when I want to open a document there is a slight delay in the opening of it as all documents pictures etc are all stored on the...