Windows 10: Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO

Discus and support Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks W2K19 server (I'm using Datacentre edition) can be converted to a physical system from a Virtual KVM/QEMU system and then run as Win2Go on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 25, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO

Hi folks W2K19 server (I'm using Datacentre edition) can be converted to a physical system from a Virtual KVM/QEMU system and then run as Win2Go on external USB device. Needs a little different treatment. I'll assume you've already created your server to behave as a workstation - if you don't do this then you get all sorts of nags when starting / stopping server etc etc 1) download trial of Macrium (Server edition) -- 30 days free trial --you need this when we come to the "Repair Windows Boot problems - it needs to recognize Windows server edition. 2) create a bootable stand alone device recovery media -- create iso and use rufus to make bootable USB stick. (1 and 2 can be done on a standard Windows PC or on the Windows VM). 3) Create the image of your Windows server with the server edition of Macrium. 4) Restore to target USB HDD / SSD 5) on the REAL machine ensure you have a Windows 10 pro system / W10 Enterprise -- you need this to update the drivers once your WintoGo system boots. Don't Connect yet though !!!!!! 6) Boot the stand alone recovery Macrium server edition created in step 2) 7) Now do the "Fix Windows boot problems " you should see a Windows server edition as the Windows to fix and ensure you choose the right Disk as the target boot !!! 8) boot the Windows server USB you've created -- it will do various things and should then boot 9) go into the Device manager and against all the devices with ? or unknown device do update driner from computer - and use a current Windows 10 running system disk (not a VM) as the driverstore to update your drivers. Mostly they will be found - if you have any oddments they probably don't matter or you can update manually. Activate with your serial or whatever. Have fun. I haven't tried this yet with the W2K22 server trial version yet -- there's still too many base problems with it as it is -- however you could install this on a physical machine to make a copy of its driver store, then install your VM to make all the mods etc you want and then convert to run as a Win2GO system as above. I'd be interested if anybody has got Win2GO systems working via V2P conversionfrom Virtual box, HYPER-V or VMWare VM's Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 25, 2021
  2. xbliss Win User

Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error

Please do share how you used WinToUSB to convert a physical Drive + Partition Install to a WTG on VHD? Please share steps.

xbliss, May 25, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, May 25, 2021
  4. Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO

Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO

1. Convert Win2K19 server to physical and then run as Win2GO - Similar Threads - Convert Win2K19 server

2. Convert Windows Server to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Windows Server to Windows 11: I have purchased an HP Desktop Pavillion with Windows 11 already installed. For some work, I converted it to a Windows Server, which I no longer need. Can I convert back to Windows 11? Is there something left on the computer which remembers that I had a license for it, or I...
  3. Convert Windows Server to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Windows Server to Windows 11: I have purchased an HP Desktop Pavillion with Windows 11 already installed. For some work, I converted it to a Windows Server, which I no longer need. Can I convert back to Windows 11? Is there something left on the computer which remembers that I had a license for it, or I...
  4. Can a Physical Server and a VM Server coexist with the same license?

Can a Physical Server and a VM Server coexist with the same license?: We have a client that has recently cloned their physical 2012 server, running Parallels, to a VM server. They want to use this VM server as fall back when and if that physical server goes down. This VM will only be turned once the physical server is down allowing remote users...
  5. Can a Physical Server and a VM Server coexist with the same license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Physical Server and a VM Server coexist with the same license?: We have a client that has recently cloned their physical 2012 server, running Parallels, to a VM server. They want to use this VM server as fall back when and if that physical server goes down. This VM will only be turned once the physical server is down allowing remote users...
  6. convert the Server 2022 eval. to an authenticated Server Standard 2022

convert the Server 2022 eval. to an authenticated Server Standard 2022: I am unable to convert the Server 2022 eval. to an authenticated Server Standard 2022 From an elevated command prompt or PowerShell session, run the following commanddism.exe /online /set-edition:serverstandard /productkey:4TNBV-HYKPX-9W6HQ-RJJ88-Q7CXY /AccepEulaI am feeling...
  7. Convert Win2GO back to running from INTERNAL HDD again

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Convert Win2GO back to running from INTERNAL HDD again: Hi folks This is much easier than it looks -- simply from the WIN2GO system you've created from your VM and a bootable current Windows ISO boot the iso and get into command mode (repair system--> etc etc). Then capture image from the bootable Win2GO system via /dism, fix the...
  8. Convert physical media purchases to digital media for pc gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert physical media purchases to digital media for pc gaming: I have a bunch of older "Games for Windows" physical media games I purchased long ago. Is there a way to transfer them to digital content for pc gaming? I own all of the games and have the original keys/disks but I have never bothered to keep the receipts. It is my hope that...
  9. Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error: Hey guys, I'm stuck in this dilemma and I would appreciate any help that would come. I'm sorry, I though that maybe since my problem is about Virtual Hard Disks then maybe this is the right section... Correct me if I'm wrong *Smile So here's the thing, 1. I have Windows...
  10. Win2go stuck on preparing auto repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Win2go stuck on preparing auto repair: Hi all my win2go 10 is stuck on preparing auto repair no turning dots,I only use it on my Mac and it did an auto update eg ( updating your pc do not turn off). It is on an external SSD The next time I turned it on just stuck, has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance...