Windows 10: convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use

Discus and support convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 old computers that were setup for personal use and I have a couple of new computers setup for organization.With the new computers it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bierdopje, Aug 11, 2022.

1. bierdopje Win User

convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use

I have 2 old computers that were setup for personal use and I have a couple of new computers setup for organization.With the new computers it is possible to login with every account from our organization even if they never have used that computer before.With the old computers the button Other user is missing and it is not possible to add users with those accounts.Is it possible to add those old computers to the organization and login with work accounts. And also add the other user button on the login screen?

:)

bierdopje, Aug 11, 2022
  2. denizy Win User

convert or change Windows 10 from 'personal use' to 'organization'

Hi,
    accidentily we set up our new Windows 10 pro computers for 'personal use'. This should have been set up for an organization.
    We tried, but we couldn't find a way to convert our Windows 10 from personal use to 'organization'.
    Formatting and re-installing is not an option.

Anyone out there who can help us?

Thx!
    D.

denizy, Aug 11, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User

Just curious if you understand the difference between the "personal use" and "organization" choices? The "organization" choice requires the computer to connect to a domain controller (server) and it is managed via the server. Do you have a domain controller server on your network? Or do you think you should have set the choice to "organization" just because the computers are used in a business or other organization?

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2022
  4. denizy Win User

Yes, but that only gives acces to work resources.

The user still is linked to the personal account, which gives us no possibility to control the devices.
    We tried switching to a local account and the logging in again with the Azure account, but that didn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not possible to login with the Cloud Azure email.

denizy, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use - Similar Threads - convert personal organization

2. Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use: I have a windows 11 desktop logged in with my personal Microsoft account. In addition, school is about to start and I would like to use my PC for both personal and school use. If I press the connect button and link my school account what would my school IT control as it says...
  3. Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my Personal Computer for both personal and School use: I have a windows 11 desktop logged in with my personal Microsoft account. In addition, school is about to start and I would like to use my PC for both personal and school use. If I press the connect button and link my school account what would my school IT control as it says...
  4. How to change a PC from Organization Use to Personal Use? We recently downgraded the PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change a PC from Organization Use to Personal Use? We recently downgraded the PC...: I need some helpful information. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-pc-from-organization-use-to/36520902-2459-4474-a43d-b60335119ed7
  5. How to change a PC from Organization Use to Personal Use? We recently downgraded the PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change a PC from Organization Use to Personal Use? We recently downgraded the PC...: I need some helpful information. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-pc-from-organization-use-to/36520902-2459-4474-a43d-b60335119ed7
  6. How to change a PC from Organization Use to Personal Use? We recently downgraded the PC...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use

in Windows 10 Customization
    convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use: I have 2 old computers that were setup for personal use and I have a couple of new computers setup for organization.With the new computers it is possible to login with every account from our organization even if they never have used that computer before.With the old computers...
  8. convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    convert windows 10 for personal use to organization use: I have 2 old computers that were setup for personal use and I have a couple of new computers setup for organization.With the new computers it is possible to login with every account from our organization even if they never have used that computer before.With the old computers...
  9. convert or change Windows 10 from 'personal use' to 'organization'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    convert or change Windows 10 from 'personal use' to 'organization': Hi, accidentily we set up our new Windows 10 pro computers for 'personal use'. This should have been set up for an organization. We tried, but we couldn't find a way to convert our Windows 10 from personal use to 'organization'. Formatting and re-installing is not an...
  10. change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change windows 10 setup from "Set Up for an organization" to "Set Up for Personal Use": Unfortunately, when setting up Windows 10 Pro, I erroneously went down the path of choosing "Set Up for an organization". how do I restart the setup process so that I can "Set Up for Personal Use"? Any advice will be most appreicated...