Windows 10: Converted disk successfully from Legacy to UEFI & T470 won't boot

Discus and support Converted disk successfully from Legacy to UEFI & T470 won't boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everybody, thanks for reading... I have a T470 that I ran the "MBR2GPT.exe /convert /allowfullos" command on and received the message: "Before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonkeo, Jun 17, 2021.

1. jonkeo Win User

Converted disk successfully from Legacy to UEFI & T470 won't boot

Hi everybody, thanks for reading... I have a T470 that I ran the "MBR2GPT.exe /convert /allowfullos" command on and received the message: "Before the new system can boot properly you need to switch the firmware to boot to UEFI mode!" I've been in the bios and made sure the boot mode was set to "UEFI only" and turned off all CSM features. When Windows 10 boots it gets only a spinning wheel and it never boots. I have tried Start Up Repair but that would not work. Are there any common solutions I may be missing? I assume the data it still recoverable if I slave the drive. Thanks! Jonathan

:)

jonkeo, Jun 17, 2021
  2. HY0365 Win User

Legacy to UEFI boot

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to perform a disk partition and firmware boot to UEFI through cmd or powershell without rebooting the device and manually changing the info at the BIOS? I should say that I am attempting to do this remotely with no physical access to the device.
    It is a Dell laptop which I am attempting this on.

So far I have this (cmd):

mbr2gpt /convert /allowfullOS

shutdown /r /fw

It converts to GPT successfully then I get the following error message when attempting to boot through UEFI:

"boot to firmware ui is not supported by this systems firmware"

Any help is much appreciated Converted disk successfully from Legacy to UEFI & T470 won't boot :)

HY0365, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

Hi HannanShaikh,

You can convert your Legacy mode drive to UEFI boot anytime, visit this link:
    Windows Setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style
    for a comprehensive guide to reformat your hard disk to boot it to a UEFI mode.

The option to "Boot the PC to the DVD or USB key in UEFI mode" is also provided there.

Make sure that you use the same USB drive which already matched the edition of Windows 10 for your computer.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Converted disk successfully from Legacy to UEFI & T470 won't boot - Similar Threads - Converted disk successfully

2. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  3. How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?: HelloIm in the midst of trying to upgrade to windows 11 although my system drive is already gpt all the vidios I've watched use the mbr2gpt command where as I cannot use as mine is already gpt I converted it from mbr to gpt using EaseUs now when I try to boot from Uefi from...
  4. How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?

How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?: HelloIm in the midst of trying to upgrade to windows 11 although my system drive is already gpt all the vidios I've watched use the mbr2gpt command where as I cannot use as mine is already gpt I converted it from mbr to gpt using EaseUs now when I try to boot from Uefi from...
  5. How do I convert from legacy to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware

how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware: is to safe to convert legacy to UEFI?i want to convert because of the windows 11 system requirement,how to convert it without data loss and without reinstalling os.help me to get rid out of this!!!...
  7. how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware: is to safe to convert legacy to UEFI?i want to convert because of the windows 11 system requirement,how to convert it without data loss and without reinstalling os.help me to get rid out of this!!!...
  8. how to convert legacy to UEFI firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  10. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new uefi system try to boot from legacy disk