Windows 10: Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower

Discus and support Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I wanted to update to windows 11, and to do so I found out I would need to use UEFI instead of Legacy. I used AOMEI partition assistant to convert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aditya Gosavi, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower

So I wanted to update to windows 11, and to do so I found out I would need to use UEFI instead of Legacy. I used AOMEI partition assistant to convert my HDD from MBR to GPT and then went into my bios to change the boot mode to UEFI. Everything was fine till then. Then when I finally launched it with UEFI, it first took a lot of time to boot up. The "please wait" screen took like 5-10 minutes to proceed. Then when I logged in, everything felt much much slower. When I tried to open any applications, many times it just stopped responding and froze for some time. Task Manager shows 100% HDD usage

:)

Aditya Gosavi, Jul 3, 2022
  2. 7mgte Win User

Convert Windows 10 MBR to GPT (UEFI)?

In reviewing my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) system I noted that the Secure Boot Status is showing as "unsupported". Investigating further, it appears either the GPT partition for booting using UEFI (is Secure Boot) has become corrupt or my installation was
    never installed for Secure Boot. My Windows 10 install is an auto-upgrade from a Windows 8.1 install.

Is there a way to convert the MBR to GPT without doing a fresh install? I do have a USB recovery drive built at a point I believe I had indications Windows was booting from a GPT (UEFI) partition. In fact, the USB recovery drive shows as being a UEFI drive.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

7mgte, Jul 3, 2022
  3. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert mbr to gpt

There is a way to convert mbr to gpt without data loss. clean command deletes all datas inside the disk, so dont use this command

boot with windows dvd , and get into command prompt

type diskpart , find the disk number , which is need to convert mbr to gpt

say disk number is 0

exit diskpart

type below command in command prompt

mbr2gpt /convert /disk:0

wait for some minutes to complete , once you get commpleted successfuly means, exit and close ,

shutdown the pc , remove windows dvd

important

After the disk has been converted to GPT partition style, the firmware must be reconfigured to boot in UEFI mode.

Make sure that your device supports UEFI before attempting to convert the disk.

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jul 3, 2022
  4. Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower

Convert MBR to GPT!

HI Ahmed. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

Here is how to convert Windows install from Legacy MBR to UEFI:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/convert-legacy-b...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-...

After conversion check your Screen Resolution in Settings > System > Display if the WIndows icon is distorted.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower

1. Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower - Similar Threads - Converted hdd MBR

2. Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converted my hdd from MBR to GPT to switch to UEFI, now my computer is much slower: So I wanted to update to windows 11, and to do so I found out I would need to use UEFI instead of Legacy. I used AOMEI partition assistant to convert my HDD from MBR to GPT and then went into my bios to change the boot mode to UEFI. Everything was fine till then. Then when I...
  3. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  5. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  8. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Should I convert my 500 gb hdd from MBR to GPT??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I convert my 500 gb hdd from MBR to GPT??: I want to install windows 10 1903, but I get a message that says " Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.". I know that I can disable the EFI Boot Sources. I am asking...
  10. Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?: Hello! I did something terrible to my tablet, I converted the partition from GPT to MBR in a desperate try to install windows 7. Now tablet is not reading any usb I plug in, and of course I cannot format disk again because it doesn't recognize anything, always booting...