Windows 10: Converted to SSD lost recovery data?

Discus and support Converted to SSD lost recovery data? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. On laptop I cloned HDD to SSD. Installed SSD. Connected HDD as USB. Formatted Primary Partition on HDD. But something seems not right. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rickhow, Sep 24, 2020.

1. rickhow Win User

Converted to SSD lost recovery data?

Hi. On laptop I cloned HDD to SSD. Installed SSD. Connected HDD as USB. Formatted Primary Partition on HDD. But something seems not right. Windows 10 Home, version 2004, build 19041.508.
    --on new SSD (Drive CConverted to SSD lost recovery data? :), it show 1GB Recovery partition, 100MB EFI partition, Then NTFS Primary. But the recovery partition has no drive letter, and if I right click on it, it only displays Help window. And is listed as 100% Free. Did I lose recovery data? Should it have drive letter?
    --on the old HDD , external USB, (Drive EConverted to SSD lost recovery data? :), it shows 1GB Recovery, 100MB EFI, Then exFAT Primary, then another 830MB Recovery, then yet another 9.34 Recovery. It indicates that the EFI is 100% free.

So, have I lost recovery data on new SSD? Should it have a drive letter for recovery partition? Why does old drive have 3 recovery partiions, and 100% free EFI partition.

:)

rickhow, Sep 24, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Sep 24, 2020
  3. hdjx Win User
    Need data recovery help

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard

Hello,
    I suggest you use EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover files.

Download demo version: EaseUS® Download Center - Free Download Data Recovery Software, Todo Backup Software, Partition Manager

You can use "AdvancedRecovery" to scan your corrupted drive. After the scan is complete, the lost file will be displayed in Data Recovery Wizard, you can select them and recover them.
    NOTICE: never install in on the harddisk you want to recover.

4. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Converted to SSD lost recovery data? - Similar Threads - Converted SSD lost

2. Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive: My laptop randomly stopped booting up. It say no bootable device found. It is Windows 11 with TPM2.0 enabled. I am trying to recover the data off of the drive I have made a bootable USB drive and scanned the non-bootable SSD drive but no files are showing. Is there a way to...
  3. Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive: My laptop randomly stopped booting up. It say no bootable device found. It is Windows 11 with TPM2.0 enabled. I am trying to recover the data off of the drive I have made a bootable USB drive and scanned the non-bootable SSD drive but no files are showing. Is there a way to...
  4. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?: I just open my laptop and suddenly it wont boot up. It goes to BSOD then advance boot options and just loops until forever. I found out my SSD is the problem.I tried plugging my SSD into another laptop using external enclosure and it only detects the SSD for a moment then...
  5. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?: I just open my laptop and suddenly it wont boot up. It goes to BSOD then advance boot options and just loops until forever. I found out my SSD is the problem.I tried plugging my SSD into another laptop using external enclosure and it only detects the SSD for a moment then...
  6. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

7. M.2 SSD Card Data Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD Card Data Recovery: Hi everyone on the forum, My question is how to check if there is data on an M.2 SATA SSD and how to restore the data if there is? A bit of background: my old laptop went in for repairs and could not be repaired. They apparently did not wipe the data and sent me back the...
  8. Recover lost files with EaseUS data recovery software

in Windows 10 News
    Recover lost files with EaseUS data recovery software: It’s always a good idea to have data recovery software installed on the computer as it could help you get you out of most sticky situations. With the free data recovery software such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro, there’s a good chance that you can recover the files that...
  9. Converting data

Converting data: From an e-mail, is there any way to convert data on a notepad to an Excel spreadsheet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/converting-data/194812ce-c9ba-4d69-98b4-250b718306b0
  10. May i lost my data in recovery by bootable recovery programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    May i lost my data in recovery by bootable recovery programs?: Hi I used CLEAN in DISKPART and i delete all partitions of my only disk. Now i dont have any OS on my laptop and i want recover partition by "Partition Wizard" or "Test Disk" that can boot from CD but i fear that this bootable program overwrite on my only disk to load...