Windows 10: Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

Discus and support Converted .wad files to notepad by accident in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a video game from steam and while I was browsing its contents I accidentally chose the option to always open up .wad files with notepad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mal H., Apr 24, 2020.

1. Mal H. Win User

Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

I downloaded a video game from steam and while I was browsing its contents I accidentally chose the option to always open up .wad files with notepad and now the game won't work.

I chose to reset all default apps associated with files and then restarted my PC and that did nothing but give me false hope.

I tried to open notepad, and choose 'Save as' and saved it as exe and that didn't help at all.

I'm not asking to just simply SWITCH the default app that opens up .wad files, I'm asking to remove default apps associated with opening up .wad files PERIOD. I need to restore the files to its original version.

I've tried reinstalling the game from Steam twice now and the .wad files still download as notepad files and the game won't work until I can restore the .wad files to what they originally were before I chose the option to always open them up with notepad by mistake.

Please help me, I really want to play this game but I can't, and now all .wad files in games downloaded from Steam will just convert to notepad meaning I can't play them.

Any help is appreciated.

TL;DR Accidentally set default app for .wad files to notepad, game doesn't work, reinstalling doesn't work, help.

:)

Mal H., Apr 24, 2020

2. Notepad accidently deleted from my app list

I accidently deleted Notepad from my app list (on the far left of the windows 10 start menu) when creating a shortcut onto my start menu. How do I place it back into that app list? When I went into Notepad's file location it does not give an option to place
    it into the App List; it only gave me the option of adding it to my start bar. I did place a shortcut onto my start bar, but I really would like it to also be in the app list. Is it possible to send it back to the App List?

Thank you very much for any advice on this.

GermanShepherd_CDX, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

Hi,

The missing option to convert files can be caused by changes made in your PC. Due to some restrictions, we weren't able to view your video. We'd like to know more information so we can provide a solution suitable to your concern. Can you provide the answers
    to the questions below?

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, if you're using an app to convert files, we suggest updating it as an initial troubleshooting step to resolve the issue.

Anne Ros, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

accidently deleted notepad document

I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back?

MeganHenley, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

1. Converted .wad files to notepad by accident - Similar Threads - Converted wad files

2. Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?: I saved DNA raw data from a popular genealogy site on to my computer desktop. It saved as a Notepad text file. I would like to download that data to another site but it only takes Gedcom files. When I Browse to find the file I want to download, my saved file isn't an option....
  3. Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?: I saved DNA raw data from a popular genealogy site on to my computer desktop. It saved as a Notepad text file. I would like to download that data to another site but it only takes Gedcom files. When I Browse to find the file I want to download, my saved file isn't an option....
  4. Converting a Notepad file to a Gedcom?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I converted the jem file to notepad

I converted the jem file to notepad: Hi, I was creating a resource pack with blockbench for Minecraft and I saw it on YouTube, but I converted the jem file to notepad and it does not convert to a file and a conversion to a jem file....
  6. I converted the jem file to notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I converted the jem file to notepad: Hi, I was creating a resource pack with blockbench for Minecraft and I saw it on YouTube, but I converted the jem file to notepad and it does not convert to a file and a conversion to a jem file....
  7. I converted the jem file to notepad

8. level.dat converting into notepad

level.dat converting into notepad: alright, my entire minecraft has been corrupted since i accidentally checked "use this to open all .dat files" and now my minecraft got screwed. can someone help>...
  9. Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident: I was downloading Davinci Resolve because my PC reset recently then while trying to download Reactor 3 from We Suck Less, I accidentally opened it with notepad and checked the box that says "always open .lua files with this app" with notepad. I have tried multiple things and...
  10. accidently deleted notepad document

accidently deleted notepad document: I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/accidently-deleted-notepad-document/a9ab6603-e143-489d-92d6-4bf64ea53e12