Windows 10: Converting a document to HTML format has completely messed up Word for me.

Discus and support Converting a document to HTML format has completely messed up Word for me. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I decided it would be a brilliant idea to change the formatting on some of my documents to make them more web-friendly. This apparently has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sean1CE, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Sean1CE Win User

Converting a document to HTML format has completely messed up Word for me.

Hello.

I decided it would be a brilliant idea to change the formatting on some of my documents to make them more web-friendly.

This apparently has changed the formatting on ALL of my documents.

They all appear entirely out of whack compared to how they looked before. Is there any way to revert to normal word doc formats by default?

:)

Sean1CE, Dec 18, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

converting html files to word

Open the HTML file in any web browser. Copy what you want and paste it into a Word document.

This works best if you copy text and images individually. If you copy everything on the web page, your Word document will be filled with code, because HTML is a markup language, not a document format.

BulldogXX, Dec 18, 2018
  3. converting html files to word

unable to convert HTML files to word following instructions about coding?

KenBarker909, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

How do i convert a Text document to another format ?

Hi Alexander,

For us to better assist you regarding this concern with converting a text document to another format, we need to ask a few questions:

• What program or application are you using?
    • What format would you like to change it to?
    • Just to confirm, what is the file format of your document?
    • What steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Converting a document to HTML format has completely messed up Word for me. - Similar Threads - Converting document HTML

2. PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents: Somehow all the PDF files on my computer thousands of them have converted to Chrome HTML Documents.Is there a way to wholesale convert all of them back to PDF files?...
  3. PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents: Somehow all the PDF files on my computer thousands of them have converted to Chrome HTML Documents.Is there a way to wholesale convert all of them back to PDF files?...
  4. PDF files accidentally converted to Chrome HTML Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Convert a PDF document to Word

Convert a PDF document to Word: I have windows 10. I tried to convert two documents from PDF to Word with the help of Smallpdf.com. The conversions actually took place but I cannot open the word documents because it says that I must use come converting software in my PC. Unfortunately that does not work...
  6. Can I convert existing paper word document into electronic word document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I convert existing paper word document into electronic word document?: I have a paper word doc that I need to work with. Is there a way to convert it into an electronic format without starting from scratch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-existing-paper-word-document-into/dc962fa3-fba2-4fa3-9ac1-8c3f40409494
  7. How to convert a pdf document into word?

How to convert a pdf document into word?: How do I convert a pdf document into a word document in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-pdf-document-into-word/9c2a6a2f-5663-4e6b-b2be-13f907952c15"
  8. converting documents to WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    converting documents to WORD: By accident I recently changed my settings to convert any and all PDFs to WORD documents. So emails and other type files are being converted. How do I change it back to getting emails that have the real PDF inserted/included? Thank you....
  9. Convert xml to html

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert xml to html: I'm probably way out of place here; but I figure some of the more experienced users would know what I'm looking at. I have: a compressed XML file (bzip). I want: to dump it to multiple html files (or anything that is fully marked up, eg docx, rft etc) Can someone point...
  10. Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format: Hi All, I have a question related to one I posed earlier tonight - and which may solve the problem. I have several folders which contain thousands of documents which I converted from WordPerfect to Word Document format. How would I change each of the thousands of files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file messed up after converting file to new version