Windows 10: converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?

Discus and support converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm investigating converting my Access program back-end to MySQL and am looking for information about what would be involved and what, if any, changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gordon Jones Chmouse, Mar 30, 2019.

1. converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?

I'm investigating converting my Access program back-end to MySQL and am looking for information about what would be involved and what, if any, changes it would require on the front-end. I'd appreciate just references to respected information sources.

Gordon

:)

Gordon Jones Chmouse, Mar 30, 2019

2. Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) file

Hi Andrze,

If you're running Microsoft Access 2007 or newer (2010, 2013, or 2016), then the best way to convert an MDB file is to first open it and then save the open file to another format.

Just click the link below

Convert a database to the .accdb file format

hope this helps.

Nathaniel_M, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) file

Thank you, Andrze for information pertaining to "Convert a database to the .accdb file format"

CharInCincy, Mar 30, 2019
  4. converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?

KB4480116 and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 )

I can confirm this issue also. After installing KB4480116 I get "Runtime Error 3343 Unrecognized database Format" when trying to access a MDB that contains our HR data. The program is no longer supported so I cannot convert the database to a newer version.
    Uninstalling the update fixes the issue and I am able to access the MDB.

I am religious about keeping updates current on all of our machines but this one for now is declined for install in WSUS. Hopefully the issue is resolved in a future update, and a future cumulative update does not break this again.

Derek Blumenschein, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?

1. converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL? - Similar Threads - converting Access mdb

2. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  3. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  4. convert a phpmyadmin mysql database directly to mssql server or access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    convert a phpmyadmin mysql database directly to mssql server or access: Hi Microsoft, Do you have any utilities or wizards to convert a mysql database on at / under a phpmyadmin directly to ms sql server or ms access....
  5. convert a phpmyadmin mysql database directly to mssql server or access

convert a phpmyadmin mysql database directly to mssql server or access: Hi Microsoft, Do you have any utilities or wizards to convert a mysql database on at / under a phpmyadmin directly to ms sql server or ms access....
  6. mysql

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mysql: mysql was not instaling in laptop my windows 10 home single language tell me any idea to instal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysql/f816549b-ff83-47c3-b8be-eefef5d790b1
  7. convert file back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert file back: Ok, I am in a statistics class in which we use the application IBM SPSS. The professor sent us a file with our data for a project that ended with '.sav', but I accidentally put it to only open on the Microsoft Edge app. I need it to convert it to a file where I can open it on...
  8. MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon: Hi, I previously was using Microsoft Office 2016 standalone. I had created a shortcut for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE" D:\MediaDB\MoviesMusic.accdb and pinned it to my taskbar. When I clicked on it, MDB file would open using the same...
  9. Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Changing file format in access from .mdb to .accdb: Hello office users, I have an access database created in MS Access 2003. My PC has Office 365 with Access installed now. I am able to view the .mdb file format however, I want to convert to the .accdb file format. I followed instructions on how to do this through an MS...
  10. Convert EXCEL sheets to MySql / MariaDB with links to music

Convert EXCEL sheets to MySql / MariaDB with links to music: Hi folks I'm trying to create a decent Music Database Basically rather than messing around with zillions of files / tracks / playlists etc I want to use one of the Free database systems (MySQL / MariaDB - both similar and work on Windows). I have a load of spreadsheets --...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access zu mysql

2. convert access back end to mysql

3. convert access backend to mysql