Windows 10: Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac

Discus and support Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to get an excel created in windows to work on a mac if it include macros and a dropdown search box?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlakeHooper, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac

Is there a way to get an excel created in windows to work on a mac if it include macros and a dropdown search box?

:)

BlakeHooper, Apr 7, 2021
  2. M4v3r1ck Win User

[Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351?

Hi guys,

After updating my Windows 10 to .351 I can no longer use the [Windows] (CMD key on Mac) key / search icon / search box on the taskbar. Any suggestions how to tweak this issue? TIA

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Apr 7, 2021
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac

Help needed with Excel Attendance Sheet

You use the Data tab, Data validation facility to do this.

If you want a coherent explanation then look in Excel Help. Here's the relevant extract from Excel 2007 Help. Excel 2007 Help - Data Validation.pdf

My example:
    - I have written them in what seems to me to be the order of easiest explanation.
    - You'd actually set them up in the reverse order - step 3, step 2, step 1.

1 The result - my dropdown list. I select the cell then click on the dropdown arrow that appears next to it.

Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac [​IMG]

2 To set this up, select the whole column [or individual cells] where you want the dropdown to appear then click on the Data tab then the Data validation control. You need to
    - select In-cell dropdown
    - set the Allow entry to List
    - in Source, enter the worksheet name & cell range where you have written the allowable entries - you will generally want to use absolute cell references such as those shown [$ in a cell address means absolute and will not vary as you copy the formula all the way down your column - look this up if you are not familiar with it because it needs a bit of getting used to].

3 Write out the list of allowable entries that will appear in your dropdown list.

Job done.

Denis

Try3, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac

1. Converting and Excel with Dropdown search box to work on a mac - Similar Threads - Converting Excel Dropdown

2. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  3. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  4. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working: For a long time I've used Google as a search engine. I use the address bar for search, don't like suggestions, so when I got Edge I had to learn how to turn off all that stuff. Worked fine. No dropdown.Recently I tried DuckDuckGo, didn't like it, went back to Google....
  5. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: i cannot use the search box. when i click on it, the search box area turns into a black box for some time then goes away on its own. i tried searching for solutions on web, though they didn't work. please help i am using windows 10....
  6. ICS dropdown box missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICS dropdown box missing: I have the same issue as this guy here. The issue is still unsolved, the dropdown box is still missing. On my PC it is working but on my Surface it isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ics-dropdown-box-missing/5c85e2c0-e049-4b38-b294-239fe486932a
  7. Search box not working

in Cortana
    Search box not working: I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage...
  8. Dropdown Box Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropdown Box Font Color: Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark] When...
  9. Scrolling and dropdown boxes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling and dropdown boxes: All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me to select, even on the touchscreen. Help??!...
  10. [Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    [Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351?: Hi guys, After updating my Windows 10 to .351 I can no longer use the [Windows] (CMD key on Mac) key / search icon / search box on the taskbar. Any suggestions how to tweak this issue? TIA Cheers 68401