Windows 10: Converting Desktop app to store type app

Discus and support Converting Desktop app to store type app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have observed that store apps run faster than desktop apps. So is there a way to convert my games form desktop to the store apps. I mean it like frm... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by vaibhavnayak, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Converting Desktop app to store type app

I have observed that store apps run faster than desktop apps. So is there a way to convert my games form desktop to the store apps. I mean it like frm EXE to the extension of store

:)

vaibhavnayak, Feb 3, 2019

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Pegasone Win User
    Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent (non-interactive) installer.

Update: NSIS can create silent installers Converting Desktop app to store type app :)

Pegasone, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Converting Desktop app to store type app

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Converting Desktop app to store type app

1. Converting Desktop app to store type app - Similar Threads - Converting Desktop app

2. how to put store apps on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to put store apps on desktop: just want to know how to make shortcuts on desktop from store apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-store-apps-on-desktop/a307069c-9c03-46a3-8582-05113f71cb9a
  3. how to put store apps on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to put store apps on desktop: just want to know how to make shortcuts on desktop from store apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-put-store-apps-on-desktop/a307069c-9c03-46a3-8582-05113f71cb9a
  4. Apps in app store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps in app store: New laptop. Also had surgery so typing one handed. please forgive typos. on my desktop I downloaded and paid for the Cricut Design Space App. Windows 10 does not allow a download straight from the cricut web site, just from the app store, where there is a 9.99 charge for this...
  5. APP store for APPS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    APP store for APPS: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop and installed Microsoft 365. Microsoft windows app store will not allow me to install a good app store so I can add apps ie:banking, Veterans app etc. Can someone please direct me to another app store Thanks...
  6. Desktop App Converter -- app converted but doesn't run, how to debug?

Desktop App Converter -- app converted but doesn't run, how to debug?: I have been able to successfully convert a Win32 app to .appx using Desktop App Converter with the -Sign flag. Then I copied the self-signed certificate to Trusted Root. The .appx seems to install correctly to C:\Program files\WindowsApps\<my_app> and a shortcut to the main...
  7. Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

Desktop App Converter - silent installer?: One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent...
  8. Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?

Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?: Anybody know if/how an .appx package created using the Desktop App Converter tool can be digitally signed for distribution, without purchasing a cert from a CA? 64992
  9. Windows Desktop Apps/Store Issue

Windows Desktop Apps/Store Issue: Hi, I have done a fresh installation of Windows 10 and am having a few issues. First noticed the issues when I pressed "Start" and typed "Calc" to open the calculator. It would open, to a grey screen for a seconde or two then close again. Now, the following Windows...
  10. What's new in Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial)

in Windows 10 News
    What's new in Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial): What's new in Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) [Some information relates to pre-released product which may be substantially modified before it's commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information...