Windows 10: Converting HLP files in Windows 10 to PDF or a usable format

Discus and support Converting HLP files in Windows 10 to PDF or a usable format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an older program that has the .hlp file format. I'm stuck and can't use it as I use Windows 10. Alot of the 'free' converters do nothing. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Kotch, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Converting HLP files in Windows 10 to PDF or a usable format

I have an older program that has the .hlp file format. I'm stuck and can't use it as I use Windows 10. Alot of the 'free' converters do nothing. Any help in the forum?

:)

Chris Kotch, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to Open old HLP files from Windows 10

Microsoft deprecated the old .hlp format over 10 years ago because of security risks.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/micros...-of-hlp-files/

I've converted some of my more useful .hlp files to .chm.

The replacement format for help files is the compiled HTMLHelp format (CHM). The look and use of a .chm help file is almost identical to that of the older .hlp files. In fact, the project files (table of contents, images, text etc.) used to compile a .hlp file can easily be converted to a .chm project. From there it's an easy step to recompile the project in .chm format. Microsoft of course don't release the project files for their Help files, but these can be recreated by decompiling the .hlp file. A step-by-step guide including links to the (free) software required is here:

http://www.help-info.de/en/Help_Info...converting.htm

Bree, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Thanks - the exe and instructions worked great

While it is indeed possible under Windows 10 to use an older winhlp32.exe to read .hlp files, there are security vulnerabilities in doing so.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...-of-hlp-files/

Converting to PDF is one option, but reading a PDF is not quite the same as having a fully functional Help file. Conversion to a help file format that Windows 10 supports would be the ideal.

The replacement format for help files is the compiled HTMLHelp format (CHM). The look and use of a .chm help file is almost identical to that of the older .hlp files. In fact, the project files (table of contents, images, text etc.) used to compile a .hlp file can easily be converted to a .chm project. From there it's an easy step to recompile the project in .chm format. Microsoft of course don't release the project files for their Help files, but these can be recreated by decompiling the .hlp file. A step-by-step guide including links to the (free) software required is here:

http://www.help-info.de/en/Help_Info...converting.htm

Bree, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Converting HLP files in Windows 10 to PDF or a usable format

How can I convert a .csv file to a .pdf file format???

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

Please follow these steps

You can convert with excel

Office Button->Open or pressing Ctrl+O and browsing for it on your computer. After that click on Office Button->Print or press the Ctrl+P combination and the Print window will open. Select novaPDF from the dropdown name list and click OK. After that, select
    any After Save actions in the Save PDF File As window and click OK again. The printing will begin and the PDF will be saved in the location you have chosen.

If you don't have Excel you can convert with the notepad

The csv to PDF conversion from Notepad is pretty simple. First open the file by pressing Ctrl+O or using File->Open. After that click File->Print and choose novaPDF in the printers list. Click Print and OK in the Save PDF File As window and the csv will be
    converted.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Converting HLP files in Windows 10 to PDF or a usable format

1. Converting HLP files in Windows 10 to PDF or a usable format - Similar Threads - Converting HLP files

2. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  3. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  4. how to convert pdf in jpg format again back to pdf format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win10 v1909 - Run HLP files or How to Convert

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 v1909 - Run HLP files or How to Convert: HLP files got deprecated in Win7 but workarounds worked. Win10 v1909 appears to eliminate the ability to execute (use) HLP files. I have a number of older programs that have or use HLP files including some of M$ old programs. One program in particular -- a book I use...
  6. Win10 v1909 - Run HLP files or Howto Convert

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 v1909 - Run HLP files or Howto Convert: HLP files got deprecated in Win7 but workarounds worked. Win10 v1909 appears to eliminate the ability to execute (use) HLP files. I have a number of older programs that have or use HLP files including some of M$ old programs. One program in particular -- a book I use...
  7. HLP file Workaround for WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    HLP file Workaround for WIndows 10: I had a workaround to use the old HLP files but M$ appears to have broken the ability to use a HLP again. Sadly, the workaround (using XP HLP files) no longer appears to work. ---------------- Questions ------------------ 1) Anyone have a workaround that works (recently...
  8. about converting multiple pages to pdf format

about converting multiple pages to pdf format: YESTERDAY I TRIED TO CONVERT SOME PICS OF MY NOTES IN A PDF FORMAT BUT ITS CONVERTING THEM IN WRONG ORDER. HOW CAN I CONVERT THEM IN THAT ORDER WHICH I WANT...
  9. How can I convert a .csv file to a .pdf file format???

How can I convert a .csv file to a .pdf file format???: I just downloaded a bunch of files that I wanted to print, buy they are in .csv file format. WTH? How do I convert this file format into a .pdf file format without having to pay for it. Ridiculous! Can anyone help me with this frustration please???...
  10. Converting a pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting a pdf file: I am using Windows 10 at the moment and am wondering if I can convert a pdf file to jpeg. Anyone know please? 79629

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Convert hlp to PDF

2. hlp to pdf converter

3. convert .hlp to pdf

4. hlp to pdf,
  5. .hlp to pdf converter,
  6. Convert .hlp files to PDF,
  7. hlp para pdf,
  8. convert hlp to pdf online,
  9. how to convert a .hlp to pdf,
  10. convert windows hlp file to pdf,
  11. hlp converter online,