Windows 10: Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk

Discus and support Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI have an MBR system/OS disk running Windows Server 2016 Data Centre edition. I have a secondary, 2TB data disc. I'd like to expand capacity on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frenr, Feb 1, 2022.

1. frenr Win User

Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk

HiI have an MBR system/OS disk running Windows Server 2016 Data Centre edition. I have a secondary, 2TB data disc. I'd like to expand capacity on the secondary disc to 3TB, preferably without data loss. After spending much time on Google, I'm still confused as to whether it's possible to convert the secondary disc from MBR to GPT without data loss, and without changing the primary system/OS disc from MBR.I've had a look at the MBR2GPT utility, but it tries to identify an OS partition, which of course is not on the disc I'm trying to convert. Validation on the secondary disk fails for MBR2GPT

:)

frenr, Feb 1, 2022
  2. Smittychat., Feb 1, 2022
  3. qinada Win User
    Convert MBR to GPT without data loss?

You can use AOEMI Partition Assistant, a freeware that allows you to
    convert MBR to GPT without data loss
    . If you want to have a 100% security, you can backup your whole disk with the brother product - AOMEI Backupper.

qinada, Feb 1, 2022
  4. Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk

convert MBR to GPT disk

convert mbr to gpt

There is a way to convert mbr to gpt without data loss. clean command deletes all datas inside the disk, so dont use this command

boot with windows dvd , and get into command prompt

type diskpart , find the disk number , which is need to convert mbr to gpt

say disk number is 0

exit diskpart

type below command in command prompt

mbr2gpt /convert /disk:0

wait for some minutes to complete , once you get commpleted successfuly means, exit and close ,

shutdown the pc , remove windows dvd

important

After the disk has been converted to GPT partition style, the firmware must be reconfigured to boot in UEFI mode.

Make sure that your device supports UEFI before attempting to convert the disk.

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Feb 1, 2022
Thema:

Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk

1. Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk - Similar Threads - Converting MBR GPT

2. How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?: Hi,I need to convert my system disk to GPT without losing data or reinstalling windows 10.So I can convert my system from legacy BIOS to UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-system-mbr-disk-to-gpt-disk/e5c6c129-e5c7-49c0-bb2f-979136b58b36
  3. How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?: Hi,I need to convert my system disk to GPT without losing data or reinstalling windows 10.So I can convert my system from legacy BIOS to UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-system-mbr-disk-to-gpt-disk/e5c6c129-e5c7-49c0-bb2f-979136b58b36
  4. How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk: HiI have an MBR system/OS disk running Windows Server 2016 Data Centre edition. I have a secondary, 2TB data disc. I'd like to expand capacity on the secondary disc to 3TB, preferably without data loss. After spending much time on Google, I'm still confused as to whether it's...
  6. Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting MBR to GPT without data loss on a non-system disk: HiI have an MBR system/OS disk running Windows Server 2016 Data Centre edition. I have a secondary, 2TB data disc. I'd like to expand capacity on the secondary disc to 3TB, preferably without data loss. After spending much time on Google, I'm still confused as to whether it's...
  7. How to convert MBR to GPT without reinstall Windows and data loss?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to convert MBR to GPT without reinstall Windows and data loss?: Hello,I got a problem when tried to update Win 10 to Win 11, I don't see UEFI settings in "Advanced Options" menu.My system disk partition has MBR, and as I understood I need to change it to GPT.I've tried to find how to do it, but I found only info with full data loss and...
  8. How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to convert Mbr to Gpt without losing data?: Hi I want to convert my disk from Mbr to Gpt . Because i want to install Windows 10 64 bit and it requires Gpt partition. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-losing-data/4655f5b7-8d72-455f-8af4-e73cf9aa3d2b
  9. Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..

Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..: Can I Convert MBR to GPT Without Losing My Data??? Please Help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-data-losing/f740bfcf-b5ed-4deb-b813-3787e025f048
  10. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert MBR to GPT disk: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size...