Windows 10: Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

Discus and support Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have decided to finally, finally get rid of all my CDs and DVDs. For non-bootable program installs or data, I simply copied all the files to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Oct 12, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

So I have decided to finally, finally get rid of all my CDs and DVDs. For non-bootable program installs or data, I simply copied all the files to a folder on a very large HDD.*Cool

But I also have these bootable CDs for Win XP and Windows 7. I don't want to simply pitch them. You never know ...*chuckle

What is the best way to make these disks into bootable ISO files? or convert directly to bootable USB drives?

Is there a USB boot utility like Rufus that can create multiple bootable partitions on one drive? 32 and 64 GB thumb drives cost almost nothing these days. *Roflmao2

:)

2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 12, 2019
  3. TRWOV Win User
    Bootable USB to ISO

He's not trying to make a bootable USB. He wants to restore the ISO from the bootable USB (the reverse operation).

What software are you trying to restore? You can get the Windows 7 ISOs from Digital River: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

TRWOV, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

Bootable USB to ISO

I have a bootable flash drive and I was wondering is it possible to make it or convert it back to an ISO? The original ISO file was deleted after making the flash drive. However, I'd like to have a back-up of it just in case I lose the flash drive or it gets corrupted.

GoFigureItOut, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

1. Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB - Similar Threads - Converting old bootable

2. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  3. Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?

Bootable USB problem - no run from ISO?: Hi. I ve created USB f32 format, moved win10 ISO from the official website, the Microsoft just stuck in Verifying DMI pool data when I selwct it to boot. I did previously in CMD select partition of the USB to be active. Best regards....
  4. bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootable usb: windows 10 will not boot from recognizable usb, why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-usb/bfe29314-5442-42c5-886a-46d019fbb324
  5. usb bootable

usb bootable: need to create a usb bootable for a macos using windows10s. tried with transmac but says need window 10 instead of s mode. don't want to loose s mode. what to do. is there something in the app store i can use...
  6. Bootable ISO Failure

Bootable ISO Failure: To start, last January, due to a mangled Windows 10 Home (skipping the details), I created and booted into the USB ISO, chose the option "Install Windows and keep files", which installed a new, clean copy. Last Friday, I suddenly lost my WiFi Internet, and have not yet been...
  7. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  8. How Can i convert bootable USB to an ISO file?

How Can i convert bootable USB to an ISO file?: I have a bootable USB with windows 10. How can I convert it to an ISO file? And I want to use the file for boot USB again with another format options in RUFUS. Thanks in advance :)...
  9. System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO: Background Info next followed by my main ?'s listed at the very bottom A few months back my Laptop that came with Win 8.0, upgraded to 8.1, and finally to W10 crashed. My son installed Win7 but I didn't like it. I typed out some help issues regarding this to an on-line...
  10. INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help

INstall.wim maximum size and Bootable USB to bootable ISO help: I don't understand why people think that the USB must be formatted with FAT32, This restriction is only applied to the UEFI Firmware prior to version 2.0. My PC is 5 year old MSI-Z77 and all bootable are formatted with NTFS. The only restriction is: All disks/USB must be MBR...