Windows 10: Converting OSX tags for windows

Discus and support Converting OSX tags for windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a large number of files tagged on my mac - pretty much the only thing holding me back from using windows 10 exclusively. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drunkowitz, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Converting OSX tags for windows

I have a large number of files tagged on my mac - pretty much the only thing holding me back from using windows 10 exclusively. Is there any way to batch convert these tags to metadata that is readable on Windows 10? For example, by writing these tags into the "Details" tab under Properties?

submitted by /u/Drunkowitz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Drunkowitz, Jun 5, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Converting OSX tags for windows [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jun 5, 2020
  3. slim142 Win User
    Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Converting OSX tags for windows

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Converting OSX tags for windows

1. Converting OSX tags for windows - Similar Threads - Converting OSX tags

2. Windows 11 tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 tags: Can you tag documents un Windows 11 like on a Mac eg with colours? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tags/65e34a53-65e2-4082-af8a-af91ac5bc8c1
  3. Windows 11 tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 tags: Can you tag documents un Windows 11 like on a Mac eg with colours? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tags/65e34a53-65e2-4082-af8a-af91ac5bc8c1
  4. Word running on OSx

Word running on OSx: Hello, Is it possible to purchase the Word program iwithout the Windows OS. I would like to run Word using the Apple OSx CrossOver version of the Windows routines! Thank you very much. Walt Burkhard...
  5. Tags "autofill" not listing tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags "autofill" not listing tags: Good evening, Over the last few years I've been slowly tagging everything in my picture/video library. I recently bought a new laptop, and have since come across an issue: previously, when I started typing in the tags box in Windows Explorer, a dropdown list of all the tags...
  6. Converting Single APE / FLAC file back into tracks with auto tagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting Single APE / FLAC file back into tracks with auto tagging: Hi folks For those that have Linux Hosts or VM's this nice FREE GUI program will convert and tag single files back into their original tracks again with the tagging info (so long as the original .cue file is there too) --plus do a lot of other things as well . APE. MP3. FLAC...
  7. Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged

Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged: I've been using photo gallery to tag and organize photos and videos successfully for some time now. Unfortunately, now after tagging it still sorts everything as "Not tagged" instead of organizing by their correct tagging. Is this a bug?...
  8. Remote Desktop for OSX

Remote Desktop for OSX: Hi, I have a PC that has a name and the PC is running Windows 10 Pro. The PC and all other devices are on the same network. I can RD into the device painlessly from my iPad (iOS) using the PC's name. I cannot RD into the device from my OSX (Macbook Pro) using the name...
  9. Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network

Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network: I have a Mac on my LAN and until today, it was visible under Networks and I could connect to it. Today, it does not show, yet the Mac can connect to the Windows 10 computer. To my knowledge, no changes have been made to my small office network (Windows 10, Mac, Centos 7...
  10. How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX: I want to dual boot my PC which has a pre installed windows 10 with mac OSX. I have only one HDD. I have searched many forums and sites but was not able to find any suitable help. Please help me out. 26021