Windows 10: Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie

Discus and support Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; To answer "why".....the original presentation was done on a Mac and runs just fine on that computer. I would have left it alone were it mine,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bigblocktowncar, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie

To answer "why".....the original presentation was done on a Mac and runs just fine on that computer. I would have left it alone were it mine, but........This is going to be displayed on an Intel Stick (connected to a TV) which does not have Power Point. The Power Point viewer did not operate very well with this particular presentation (loads of uncompressed videos and images). To reduce the cost, I suggested that they just run this as a video instead of needing to purchase Power Point (I believe that the no-license version of Office 365 will still allow you to play slideshows, but I didn't want to have to deal with the troubleshooting). We just converted to video and ran it from VLC instead which is working fine so far.

bigblocktowncar, Apr 5, 2018

2. I have a slideshow that I am creating for somebody. The machine that we will be using is a Windows 10 machine and has Office 365. Office 365 doesn't operate for more than about 1 month without an internet connection. This slideshow is going to be in a kiosk and will be running from an Intel Stick. It doesn't have an internet connection and we just want to have the looping slideshow. Without having to purchase another several hundred dollar copy of an older version of Office, is there a way to make this work just from Powerpoint?

I have already tried the Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer utility and it does not work very well (not to mention they no longer support it).

The second question.....I am attempting to convert this slideshow from a slideshow presentation to an .mp4. The slideshow has 3 embedded videos and a total size of 170mb. Powerpoint simply refuses to convert this to a video. I save-as and select .mp4 and the CPU usage immediately goes to 100%. It will not progress beyond about 5%. I am sure this has something to do with the size of the presentation, but I have already edited the videos so they are as small as possible. Any ideas or external software?

:)

bigblocktowncar, Apr 9, 2018
  3. Lisa_LAS Win User
    PowerPoint on SmartPhones

Can you create a PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks, animations, and transitions that can be viewed on smartphones and offline? I've converted a ppt to an interactive PDF but it won't show most animations and transitions. A PowerPoint Show requires
    the user download a view app and we have thousands of users and can't guarantee they will do that. Seems so simple, but I'm stuck. Suggestions?

Lisa_LAS, Apr 9, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie

How can I burn pictures on a DVD with a music

Hi Mike,

It sounds like you will have to create a slideshow first. To do this, you will have to use a video editor software similar to Windows Movie Maker before. Since that software is no longer available for download, you can search the Windows Store to install
    an alternative app.

If you want, you can also use a Powerpoint presentation to create this slideshow. Check this

article
    on how you can burn your Powerpoint presentation to a DVD.

Best regards.

John Ado, Apr 9, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
  6. cereberus Win User
    You could just run the presentation and use the gamebar to record it. It should also recorded the embedded videos if you play them.

cereberus, Apr 10, 2018
  7. I got it to work. Powerpoint does not manipulate large files very well. I shrunk the embedded videos to a much smaller size and it was then able to convert the presentation to .mp4 (took about 30 minutes however).

bigblocktowncar, Apr 10, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

Some more information about the Office Viewers which were useful when not having Office itself:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...office-viewers
    I've seen the PowerPoint Viewer running in a loop, haven't needed to try it myself.
    About half way down is new information about products that may be of use.

Berton, Apr 10, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Please mark the thread as solved (upper left corner in your page for this thread). Looks like this:

Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie [​IMG]

If you'd care to elaborate on how you did the conversion, that would be helpful for other readers, too. Thanks! Glad you got it sorted.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
  10. The problem with the Powerpoint viewer is that it would not run this slideshow without a very choppy playback rate. I didn't go any further than that. If you do try to use Powerpoint's built in conversion method, just make sure the video files are small enough. I don't know what the limit is, but the first version I tried to convert was a total size of about 700mbs......too big apparently. I shrunk it down to 170mb.

bigblocktowncar, Apr 10, 2018
  11. Berton Win User
    Could be the problem with the CD version of a slideshow, original limit was 650MB and newest is 700MB, not a byte over, probably some less due to the formatting of the disc. Don't know if PP was ever set up to use DVD discs.

Berton, Apr 11, 2018
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Not an answer to your question - but as someone who often studies things why on earth would you want to turn a decent power point session into a movie

I often dispair when I want to find out something and everybody seems to be going bonkers with You tube demos etc.

Apart from the fact that these are often accompanied by excuciatingly hideous music most people's recording equipment makes a bunch of road drills or a posse of jcb excavator vehicles sound positively benign.

With written instructions and a decent power point presentation you can stop at difficult points, make notes etc etc.

Unless it's a 1-off demo I'd leave it as power point.
    The other problem with movies is that unless accent of speaker is clear for loads of people these things are unintelligeable.

Just my point though -- I'm sure there other who will violently disagree but learning to assemble complex machinery in my business using a You tube amateur presentation is a total recipe for disaster !!!!!!.

About the only time I've used one of these things successfully was on trying to open the case on a server - and even then I turned the sound off !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie - Similar Threads - Converting Powerpoint Presentation

2. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  3. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  4. Sound won't work once I convert my powerpoint presentation with audio to a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound won't work once I convert my powerpoint presentation with audio to a video: I recorded audio for each of my slides on powerpoint and then converted it to a video so i could upload it onto Turnitin as my course assignment. Once I uploaded it as a video, everything looked fine and the timing stayed the same the way it would if the audio was playing,...
  5. Sound won't work once I convert my powerpoint presentation with audio to a video

Sound won't work once I convert my powerpoint presentation with audio to a video: I recorded audio for each of my slides on powerpoint and then converted it to a video so i could upload it onto Turnitin as my course assignment. Once I uploaded it as a video, everything looked fine and the timing stayed the same the way it would if the audio was playing,...
  6. ms PowerPoint presentation printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms PowerPoint presentation printing: hello sir / madamwhile taking a print of my ppt some text are missing why? what may be the reason? but in pdf it is showing every line? kindly give me a solution...
  7. ms PowerPoint presentation printing

ms PowerPoint presentation printing: hello sir / madamwhile taking a print of my ppt some text are missing why? what may be the reason? but in pdf it is showing every line? kindly give me a solution...
  8. PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors: Hello,I have a requirement where I need to open the PowerPoint file from today using task scheduler on the two different monitors in short make the process dynamic instead of opening those files everyday manually.So is there a way for either open two ppts in separate monitors...
  9. 3D Powerpoint presentations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3D Powerpoint presentations: I am loving the new 3D powerpoint presentations, however, I am not loving the following issue. I have the latest version of office 365, a brand new Surface Pro with the latest version of Windows 10, but when I save any 3D presentation it says some of the items might not be...
  10. To know about powerpoint presentation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To know about powerpoint presentation.: sir, please help me to do my presentation . Don't know how to do a power point presentation in windows 10 software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-know-about-powerpoint-presentation/3bcf1396-8025-49a3-a686-28927336151a"