Windows 10: Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes

Discus and support Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have about 10 longer Quicktime Video Screen Capture files which are massive (10+GB). I was wondering if there is an app or software that I can bulk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iKokomo, May 2, 2020.

1. iKokomo Win User

Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes

I have about 10 longer Quicktime Video Screen Capture files which are massive (10+GB). I was wondering if there is an app or software that I can bulk shrink the file sizes and/or convert to H.264?

I have google searched for this but most of the search results that I get are junk spammy software.
    I am either looking for a reputable paid software or a good freeware/open source software.

I am using Mac OS Catalina

Thanks a lot!

iKokomo, May 2, 2020

2. Need software to convert 17GB animation file to Youtube uploadable size

Ha, I tried something like this eons ago, basically you have to start from step 1, saving them as .png. Open up the files and resave them as that smallest size possible that will keep color integrity. Keep in mind, its easier to blow up and expand an image than to shrink one. I think Youtube stream size is 480x320, might even be smaller, then it tries to convert that to 720p.

Also make sure you pre-filter your sound and convert it to a stream format before merging them.

Now if you want to go about it the lonnng way, install streaming software like OBS, set it up to capture the window that your animation plays in, and while you are test streaming, hit record (OBS might have changed a bit so that you can record directly too). You will record in a streamable size file much smaller than trying to convert bit for bit.

DeathtoGnomes, May 2, 2020
  3. Nokia N95 8 GB - Problem with playing converted new videos

Ok you really need some step by step instructions Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes ;)

Here are some tips.

If the resulting video is bigger than the original video then you are oversampling or scaling something.

What are the original video specs?

Codec

Container (extension, Avi or Mp4 or what)

Resolution

Bitrate

File Size

Audio channels

Audio Sample rate

You can find this information from whatever player you use in your PC (quicktime or DIvx player, WMP, realplayer)

Then depending on this information you can decide what you want to convert into.

Try this:

http://nokiavideo.blogspot.com/2008/02/ok-first-help-post.html

AnyVideoConverter has already some default settings to encode into Phone format.

If you want to optimize for file size. Use H264 (mpeg4 AVC) codec, a resolution of QVGA, 25 frames per second, and a bitrate of 380 kbps this will create a smaller file of regular quality.

el_loco---01, May 2, 2020
  4. Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes

Convert Quicktime to avi or mpg

im looking for a good program that is free of course to convert quicktime videos to wmv , mpg , avi , or all of the above can someone please help

amd64skater, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes

1. Converting Quicktime Video Screen Capture to smaller file sizes - Similar Threads - Converting Quicktime Video

2. Convert DVD to video file

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert DVD to video file: Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post. I had Costco convert a VHS to DVD, now I have all these files. Basically it's a DVD of 9 different scenes. Any idea on how I can save into one video file so I can upload to Google drive? Thanks for any help. [img] 175091
  3. Video screen capture

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Video screen capture: How can I capture a video of my screen, with audio me speaking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-screen-capture/183b56e7-b82d-496b-9a56-ccaecbcd2e37
  4. smaller screen size

in Windows 10 Customization
    smaller screen size: Will your next update fix the smaller size information on computer screen caused by upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-screen-size/77608d4e-63af-4d28-8d7e-1e4b7d048f00
  5. Convert Video Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Video Files: Does windows 10 offer a service to convert and compress video files? Secondly if the answer is no how do I know if the service I download is legitimate? Thirdly if the answer is no can anyone recommend a service for someone who knows very little? Sorry for all the...
  6. Page sizes smaller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page sizes smaller: OOPS...forgot one other thing. My g-mail,, etc pages are smaller. When I enlarged them, the 'maximize, minimize and x' are not displayed. I need all the help I can get....sorry!...
  7. File size gets smaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    File size gets smaller: I’m scanning in slides which come out at 29MP, I edit them in Microsoft Photos but when I save they are reduced to 5MP and lose quality. How can I keep the size and quality?...
  8. BSOD screen capture of video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD screen capture of video: I was doing a screen capture of a video on You Tube when this bsod occurred;1st since updating to windows 10 Pro. This bsod was a light blue color with very little writing, but didn’t get error code/report as to why it happened but did disable auto reboot. 56330
  9. Quicktime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quicktime: Hi there again. I am battling to find and install quicktime for Win 10 64bit. I have a .mov file I would like to watch, The picture is clear but it has no sound? Anyone out there with advice or better still a working link to get what I need? Would appreciate any...
  10. Video files resolution getting smaller

in Windows 10 Support
    Video files resolution getting smaller: Hi I have on my D Drive, My own personal TV Series I have bought and converted and have a Resolution of 1280x720p in either H264 or H265 format or all Video Files. Today I went to watch a TV Show and I noticed that many of my Video Files have been reduced in resolution...