Windows 10: Converting red-only files into one that can be altered

Discus and support Converting red-only files into one that can be altered in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anyone help with advice as to how I can convert read-only files into one that can be edited and saved?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimCoupland1, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Converting red-only files into one that can be altered

Can anyone help with advice as to how I can convert read-only files into one that can be edited and saved?

:)

TimCoupland1, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

Hi,

The missing option to convert files can be caused by changes made in your PC. Due to some restrictions, we weren't able to view your video. We'd like to know more information so we can provide a solution suitable to your concern. Can you provide the answers
    to the questions below?

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, if you're using an app to convert files, we suggest updating it as an initial troubleshooting step to resolve the issue.

Anne Ros, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Pech_096 Win User
    The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

Converting red-only files into one that can be altered b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Converting red-only files into one that can be altered

Convert vob files into mp4 (chromecast)

avgo video converter could be taken into list

micropage7, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Converting red-only files into one that can be altered

1. Converting red-only files into one that can be altered - Similar Threads - Converting red files

2. Red dot on taskbar icon not showing on one app only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red dot on taskbar icon not showing on one app only: Hi,The red dot showing number of messages has stopped working for my Slack app on the taskbar. It still works fine for my Teams app, so I thought the problem had to be with Slack. But I feel I've tried everything within the app now except a reinstall, and all the other...
  3. Red dot on taskbar icon not showing on one app only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red dot on taskbar icon not showing on one app only: Hi,The red dot showing number of messages has stopped working for my Slack app on the taskbar. It still works fine for my Teams app, so I thought the problem had to be with Slack. But I feel I've tried everything within the app now except a reinstall, and all the other...
  4. Altering Hosts file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Altering Hosts file: I am a new IT guy and I am trying to help with getting an employee connected to a website. In the past is has been simple to just alter the host file but now it keeps rejecting me saying that the file owner System requires admin permission. Thing is I am an admin and I can do...
  5. Can choose only one file typ

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can choose only one file typ: Hi, I wanted to save a gif. So right click but I couldn't choose the file typ 'gif'. Why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-choose-only-one-file-typ/752925b3-d500-4e0a-9ac2-39b1858a8105
  6. Can viruses alter encrypted files ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can viruses alter encrypted files ?: Hi Using bitlocker or veracrypt can any virus alter encrypted files or volumes ? also does encrypted volumes secured againes ransomeware ? 160795
  7. red x's in file manager because of one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    red x's in file manager because of one drive: how do I get rid of the red x's in the file manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-xs-in-file-manager-because-of-one-drive/7678c3c6-42b1-4e66-852f-f27625512696"
  8. Can I convert a .dcv file to a .mp4 file.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I convert a .dcv file to a .mp4 file.: I have a few .dcv files and was wondering if it is possible to convert them to .mp4 files or even to .wmv files. If so how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-a-dcv-file-to-a-mp4-file/c3b50769-a7df-4e63-adcd-b9a0c97d06c8
  9. Convert only one disk from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert only one disk from MBR to GPT: I have one SSD and other normal HDD. On SSD, i installed window 10 and on HDD normal data. Both are MBR partition. So my question is can i re-install new window 10 using GPT partition on SSD without interrupting other hard-drive....
  10. converting multiple tiff files into one

in Windows 10 Customization
    converting multiple tiff files into one: how do I convert multiple tiff files into one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/converting-multiple-tiff-files-into-one/f5005fa8-7bdf-4d50-85fe-6393edfea289