Windows 10: Converting Single APE / FLAC file back into tracks with auto tagging

Discus and support Converting Single APE / FLAC file back into tracks with auto tagging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks For those that have Linux Hosts or VM's this nice FREE GUI program will convert and tag single files back into their original tracks again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jan 9, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Converting Single APE / FLAC file back into tracks with auto tagging

Hi folks

For those that have Linux Hosts or VM's this nice FREE GUI program will convert and tag single files back into their original tracks again with the tagging info (so long as the original .cue file is there too) --plus do a lot of other things as well . APE. MP3. FLAC etc all supported.

Program is flacon. Very fast indeed too.

Converting Single APE / FLAC file back into tracks with auto tagging [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file

Hi there
    This old program still works in W10.

If you want to convert a load of tracks to a single audio file or you have a .cue file with say .ape / .mp3 or whatever and you want to convert it back into Tracks again then this program CUETOOLS works a treat.

Free program from Hydrogen Audio forums -- excellent for all things audio BTW.

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/ind...howtopic=66233

Example of converting a CD single .ape file into the original tracks in lossless FLAC . Works also for other audio format too

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Help please -- Simians / Gorilla's /Apes Music conversion

Hi folks

Thanks for all the suggestions

have found latest version of CUE TOOLS -- converts to tracks as well and tags then from the .cue file when the whole piece of music is encoded as a single file.

take the .cue file in the original directory (.ape and .cue)

run cue tools to convert to flac and tracks

output now tagged and in .flac works perfectly and runs in seconds.

You need though the original .cue file as well as the.ape file -- also works for other formats ripped as a single file.

Thanks for all the suggestions though. When I did the original rip I had the .cue / log file so all OK here.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

CD Image APE + CUE to FLAC and split into tracks Anybody

Hi sound / Audio Gurus

Tidying up and re-organising around 2 TB of music collection -- I want end result to be mainly flac but have also some 320 kbs mp3's.

I have a load of CD images as single .ape + .cue files.
    I can convert the .ape to .flac easily enough (Linux ffmpeg does easily enough)

What I want next is something that can split the generated .flac file into tracks -- preferably some Windows GUI application

so here's the first stage ape to flac (and it plays fine with vlc etc)

from command : (you don't need to be root actually to run it BTW)

[L: [email protected] 002]# ffmpeg -i inputaudio.ape outputaudio.flac
    ffmpeg version 2.8.15 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 4.8.5 (GCC) 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28)

you get your flac file :

Now I need to split the .flac file into tracks. Any ideas -- I don't want any of those online uploads or some of those sneakerware "conversion programs" that always ask you to "go pro" i.e pay or come riddled with advertisements.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Converting Single APE / FLAC file back into tracks with auto tagging - Similar Threads - Converting Single APE

2. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  3. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  4. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing Tags on FLAC Files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Tags on FLAC Files: Hey, y'all. I recently migrated from MacOS to WIndows and brought my small library of FLAC music with me. Pretty much everything has been seamless with the exception of two files. In Explorer and Groove, they appear to have no tags, yet in Mp3tag and VLC they do. Every other...
  6. FLAC files have no tags in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FLAC files have no tags in windows 10: I can access the tags and alter them via mp3 tagger, but neither the file explorer, Windows Media Player, or Groove Music can read it. I read a statement from October 2018 that it was bugged? This has not been fixed...
  7. Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files

Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files: Hi, I'm fully aware that Windows so cold "native FLAC support" is not really working as it should and due to it I have a significant issues with my music collection of 2000+ FLAC files. I added ID comments to most of these files using Mp3tag or MediaMonkey but nothing gets...
  8. MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely

MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely: Hi everyone. So my computer spent some time in NY being repaired at the Asus Repair Center (or whatever they call it) before coming back here in Canada. When it came back, the main issue was resolved, but I noticed a new minor issue. Past a variable amount of characters, my...
  9. CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file

CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file: Hi there This old program still works in W10. If you want to convert a load of tracks to a single audio file or you have a .cue file with say .ape / .mp3 or whatever and you want to convert it back into Tracks again then this program CUETOOLS works a treat. Free...
  10. APE audioarchive format - restore original tracks ??

APE audioarchive format - restore original tracks ??: Hi there going through my music files I've a load in .APE archive + the CUE file. I used to be able to re-create original track info (+tags) by using a program called CUE TOOLS. This seems to have disappeared. Anybody got an old link for it - or can suggest another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. цштвщцы cuetools flac tags not writing in flac