Windows 10: Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely.

Discus and support Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I see free downloads to convert music files from WMA to MP-3, but when I read the small print they are also gaining access to my music library and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RRP-Nimbusoregon, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely.

I see free downloads to convert music files from WMA to MP-3, but when I read the small print they are also gaining access to my music library and other parts of my computer. Does Microsoft have a specific download for this purpose built into my Windows 10, or is there a Microsoft recommended download for this purpose? thank you.

:)

RRP-Nimbusoregon, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Pech_096 Win User

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely. b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Dec 20, 2019
  3. FulvioDS Win User
    mp3 to wma converter

Good morning,

I have to convert some mp3 and wav files into wma. The files are very long, so I cannot use Windows media player to burn a cd and then copy from it as I should use a lot of cds. So I was looking for a safe software to do the conversion. Could you please suggest
    me a good malware-free converter?

Thanks.

FulvioDS, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely.

Converting WMA files to MP3 format

Just Bing for 'Convert WMA to MP3'. many options are listed, like
    http://www.wma-mp3.org/
    . Not endorsing that, just one of the first free ones listed.

But, is it that what you want to play the disc in doesn't support wma? because you can write wmas to a CD as easily as mp3s. Keep in mind that converting from one compressed digital format to another is never lossless.

Sven Johannsen, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely.

1. Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely. - Similar Threads - Converting WMA music

2. Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files: I have somewhat old WMA files that I got from Napster. I do not see any way to convert to mp3I tired nero recode but it was unable to convert although it recognized.I went to add features and the legacy media player is enabled and its "packs" installed but it was unable to...
  3. Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files: I have somewhat old WMA files that I got from Napster. I do not see any way to convert to mp3I tired nero recode but it was unable to convert although it recognized.I went to add features and the legacy media player is enabled and its "packs" installed but it was unable to...
  4. I want free software recommendation for converting .iso files to .mp*

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want free software recommendation for converting .iso files to .mp*: I have some .iso files that I wish to convert to .mp3 or .mp4. I wish to have the ability to use these files independent of third party programs. I have been unable to convert using VLC Media Player. Either I am doing something wrong, or VLC Media Player does not support this...
  5. HOw do I convert wma music files to MP3 previous support member bogus

HOw do I convert wma music files to MP3 previous support member bogus: HOw do I convert wma music files to MP3 previous support member bogus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-wma-music-files-to-mp3-previous/123cb854-b784-44d1-a788-1b9d2dc42757
  6. Can Windows Media convert WMA files to MP3? If yes, How?

Can Windows Media convert WMA files to MP3? If yes, How?: Can Windows Media convert WMA files to MP3? If yes, How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-media-convert-wma-files-to-mp3-if-yes/24033173-d7f9-4cca-8e04-d55fb5bc7a32
  7. Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player converting wma files to mp3: I have a lot of old wma music files from an older computer that died years ago. I moved the files to my new computer but I am unable to convert them to mp3 files because of wma license on the previous computer. If I am success they will not play on what ever device I put...
  8. Unfound .WMA files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unfound .WMA files?: I can't find the .wma files on my phone when trying to look for them in File Explorer. I'm using a USB connection, if that's relevant. Why in the world would these files not read?...
  9. How do I convert my WMA music files to MP3 files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I convert my WMA music files to MP3 files?: I had previously downloaded music files and were also added to an older MP3 player. However, when I tried loading the same music folder to a newer MP3 player, error indicated that file format not supported....
  10. WMA Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMA Files: I have been with Microsoft O/S's since Basic was a paper tape. All through the DOS Years and into the Windows generations. When the first Windows Media Player became available I took the opportunity to convert all my albums, 8-Tracks, Cassette tapes and eventually CDs to the...